Author Topic: Merci and Gallardo Windshields  (Read 37341 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Merci and Gallardo Windshields
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »
Pedro,
   Ocean freight is not a precisely scheduled thing but my past experience is 4-6 weeks. Customs too is not on a schedule but windshields have never taken more than a day there in the past. Once all of that is done, it only takes 2-3 days to get them from Long Beach to Texas. I am much more concerned about them leaving September 23rd. Once they have finally shipped, it should be downhill from there.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2015, 04:00:45 PM »
At least we are getting closer!  After they ship, how long do you think it will take before they get to you?  Thanks for the update Charley.
Pedro

76mx

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
UPDATE: I sent a message to my supplier last week stating that since I had not heard otherwise, I was pleased to know that my Merci windshields had shipped August 31st per my last info from them, and that I would like to get the Bill of Lading number so that I could track them. They responded today that they will be shipped September 23rd. 

76mx

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 09:55:42 PM »
PLP, The latest on the glass is that they are trying to have it by the end of this month but promise it by the end of next month. I was hoping for more updated news in the few days left of this month. Unfortunately either way they have not been shipped and will not be here. You are still welcome if you have time.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »
Sorry to sound like a broken record since I'm also waiting on other members glass needing distributed, but have you heard anything yet on there arrival date? Like I mentioned I will be close by next week, and it would be extremely convenient if I could pick it up then. I apologize for not responding earlier, must have missed your reply, I really do appreciate your offer for a place to stay etc. And will love to see your shop, but I'll be there on business and my time will be limited. I hope you understand and next time I'm in the neighborhood I'll be sure to buy you a beer or eight!!!  ::beers
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 09:56:05 PM »
Not a problem Charley, thank you for making these available.   I let my friend know and he was very happy that he can get one also.
Pedro

76mx

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »
Pedro,
   With all the other I almost forgot the important business. Yes there are a few extras that I ordered for myself and I will sell him one. No need for a deposit at this late date, I will just consider it sold when it gets here. I knew that this shipment could take this long, but did not think that it would. Thank you for adding to the order instead of giving up on it.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
Charley, is there still time to get another windshield in on this order?  I have another friend in Los Angeles that is interested in one and it would get shipped out here to me also.  Thanks!
Pedro

76mx

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2015, 09:27:16 AM »
That should happen and you can maximize your trip, but in the worst case, you are welcome to stop here anyway. That goes for all others as well. I will also feed you and put you up for the night. 

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:12 PM »
Yes, thanks for the update! I will be in Texas around the second weekend in August and hope they can have them there by then! I'm driving my truck all that way and would make it feel like less of a waisted trip if I could possibly pick this up!  ;)
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 10:10:52 PM »
Thanks for the update Charley!
Pedro

76mx

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 08:09:01 PM »
Another update but first let me say that the product from this company has always been excellent but their customer service always seems to make every effort not to sell product. I talked to them personally today (no email) to confirm that the July-August ETA was to me and not the manufacture date. They confirmed that, confirmed that they have not been shipped (they have been paid for), and then told me that the manufacture date was supposed to be May. Now they are having to look into the logical question, what is their status and when will they ship? Hopefully more in the next few days. 

76mx

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2015, 03:53:59 PM »
I have an update, some good some bad, but progress. The bad is that they still have not been shipped, so we are still several weeks out. The good is that my manufacturer assures me that the fiasco over the Countach windshields and DHL has done absolutely nothing to strain our working relationship and that the delay on the Merci screens has nothing to do with that, it is simply workload. This really is not much of an update but it is all I have now. I am greatly relieved to know that the Countach situation is behind us and we are still good.
Charley 

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:07 PM »
Good grief!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

76mx

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »
DGHL