Author Topic: Reventon build  (Read 39666 times)

lance345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Reventon build
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2022, 01:27:33 AM »
Hello All,
Just thought I would say hi, and that I still have the car! Quick pic from last summer.
Still work on it once in a while - interior is mostly carbon fiber custom pieces now, exterior has changed a couple of times.
Hope everyone is well and getting builds done!
Lance

george

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
what car did u use
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »
what car did u use for your build

rellyrell337

• Liked: 2
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2015, 09:37:13 PM »
How much did you want for it

lance345

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2015, 06:27:13 PM »
Living with a kit car (didn't know where to put this so thought I'd put it here). I say kit car out of respect for those that do perfect replicas. Mine is not the latter.

So I've been driving the car a while now. I don't drive it to work, but every weekend and some weeknights it gets a drive. As anyone that's read the thread knows I don't have the interior done, and the car is an open top. This has created a pretty fun WTF moment pretty much every time someone comes over to look at the car. "WTF, what is this?"

I'm very honest with people that I built the car and it isn't real. I have no badging on it or anything. I'm really surprised that I get better reactions about having built the car than it being a lambo. Just today I was at a parts store and a guy sees me drive up and when I get out he says "nice car" and turns to walk away. I got a bit of the feeling it was more of a "f your car". I said, "thanks, I built it". He turned around and we chatted for about 5-10 minutes. This isn't always the case. Another day about a week ago I came out of a store and some guys were taking pictures of the car. As I walked up before I could say anything they go, "it's sooooo fake. You did this wrong, and this, and this looks like crap, yada yada" so there are definitely both types of people.

I've found the same on forums. Some people want to build a car and whether it's perfect or not they are having fun and are supportive. Some people do this to actually fool people and have a replica. Different views. From my limited experience so far I've found that way more people think it's cool you built a car than that you have a lambo. Makes you more real to them or something? Maybe if mine was perfect I'd get respect for both, but I've been very pleasantly surprised so far about people's reactions to it.

lance345

« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »
Little update and a couple questions.

I've done some small things to the car. Side view mirrors, new exhaust, nicer carpet, finished some interior. I have more I want to do but I really like driving it instead of working on it. For anyone part way through a build - I would suggest getting it to a driving point and enjoying it a bit. I did and don't regret it one bit. Make sure not to cut corners because there is some stuff that has to be done right and can't be redone, but it has been awesome to finally drive the car after 2 years of work. Once I have the kiddie smile off my face I'll get back to work, but for now it gets driven!

Question - there are literally no upholstery people around here willing to tackle my interior. Anyone have any basic knowledge they could share? Specifically the dash. What type of foam do they use? What glue for the vinyl or leather on the dash? Is there specific auto upholstery you should buy?

If anyone makes or knows of a dash for a mercie that's got the gauges on the NA passenger side (here we call this RHD but I've seen where this isn't the case everywhere) please let me know. That would save me a lot of time. Better yet if someone knows of one and could get it covered I'll take the risk of messing up the upholstery to get it into my car. I'd literally have to ship my dash somewhere, have it upholstered, then get it back. I'm thinking that would be thousands.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2015, 02:51:27 AM »
Wow nice !! I think I've only seen two or three finished reventon replicas!

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2015, 12:39:49 AM »
Nice work. Those extra little things you do go a long way on the final product.

lance345

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2015, 11:51:38 PM »
Ahh man, I forgot to put the front mesh in  :-\

lance345

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2015, 11:45:09 PM »
Thanks all. I really tried to make it look like the roadster pictures I could find online. It meant a LOT of extra work, but I'm happy I did it. Still some work to do on small details, and the entire interior, but for now it just gets some weekend trips for coffee  ::thumbup

Matty99dun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »
looks great.... the lines follow the real car, most reventon replicas don't look quite right.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2015, 10:14:02 AM »
Nice work Lance! The color looks perfect  ::thumbup

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2015, 12:39:47 AM »
Looks awesome!!!  Good job.

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »
Ahhhh Nice!!!! you are making good progress there sir!! ::salute

lance345

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
We progress! Not quite there yet but that light at the end of the tunnel is pretty bright.

It would take me a very long time to list all the things I've done since my last post, and even longer to take pics. So here's a pic I snapped quickly on my way in tonight.

lance345

« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2015, 11:26:23 PM »
Spent the entire day today messing around with my shock positioning for my door. I wasn't happy with how high it went. I finally got it where I was happy and took the doors off to do some more inner finishing. I think we are on hour 200 for the doors. Mostly my fault though.

Just fyi - I have no idea why I have never used fiberglass cloth before. I've been using chopped strand mat, and it is a real pain in the butt to work with. The cloth is so much easier... where has it been all my life? I will still be using the chopped stand for a couple spots I need to build up (it is much thicker); I'm an idiot for not realizing earlier.

I've said this more times than I care to count in my thread, but "if all goes well" I really hope to have the carbon fiber done by the end of the weekend. My friend will be helping me with the interior I hope next weekend. The list is getting very short!