Author Topic: Hi, battery terminal question (fiero, lp640)  (Read 809 times)

Aloha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Hi, battery terminal question (fiero, lp640)
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 10:35:44 AM »
Yes - definitely a great point, luckily there are grommets (but how old : )

but goodness - car-bq,, now I'm hungry : )

while you are at it, if that is the power wire passing through the bulkhead without a grommet, do yourself a HUGE favor and add one, if not you can find that you have created a very expensive Car-BQUE

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2024, 08:49:12 PM »
while you are at it, if that is the power wire passing through the bulkhead without a grommet, do yourself a HUGE favor and add one, if not you can find that you have created a very expensive Car-BQUE

Aloha

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 10:01:42 AM »
Yessir, that makes sense, now to find a place under this wide-thing to be able to jack it up and do some back tracing : )
(it seems there aren't any hard points around the frontal area/perimeter of this thing, *pfft*)

Thank you Murci, I appreciate it.

Cant you just trace the cables to see where they run? The Negative should go straight to chassis/frame ground, I dont know why somebody would ever put a disconnect on the negative side. The positive should go directly to the starter, with other positive wires going to a fuse block, fusable link and so on.

★Murcie-Me★

• Liked: 21
  • 3% Club Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2024, 09:49:46 PM »
Cant you just trace the cables to see where they run? The Negative should go straight to chassis/frame ground, I dont know why somebody would ever put a disconnect on the negative side. The positive should go directly to the starter, with other positive wires going to a fuse block, fusable link and so on.

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 05:16:39 AM »
original terminal clamps are of different sizes. negative is small, and positive is larger. all batteries are same except the new car batteries have a different post setup. unless someone puts an after-market clamp on

Aloha

Hi, battery terminal question (fiero, lp640)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 11:00:31 PM »
Hi, not 100% sure which terminal is which (positive / negative), or if there is a procedure, but thought I’d ask here to see if anyone were certain. From the diagram it looks as though the ‘switch’ connection (on the left should be connected to the negative terminal.

Thank ya kindly.