Author Topic: What half shaft?  (Read 2356 times)

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: What half shaft?
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 04:02:20 PM »
Here is the full IFG Wide track suspension kit... If I recall IFG sold the front kit, the rear kit and I believe the bump stop mod as well
Look at your car and see if there are any of the items installed in you car. They could be different color (mostelly Silver or black)
Hope this helps....

If anyone needs this setup let me know... Please note I am not going to give it away either but will be fair
I think I also have the several sets of the front setup as well

CCIE
Yes, I definitely have the rear wide track suspension. I haven't looked at the front yet, but I was fairly certain of this a few days ago, when I went to the junk yard and looked at the rear of a V-6 Fiero that was elevated high enough for me to see everything underneath.
Now, would anyone know what half shaft I should use? I'm very close to just keeping the short one I bought for $79.00 and swapping the CV joints with what's on there.

How about you use the one you already have.

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 05:48:02 PM »
Here is the full IFG Wide track suspension kit... If I recall IFG sold the front kit, the rear kit and I believe the bump stop mod as well
Look at your car and see if there are any of the items installed in you car. They could be different color (mostelly Silver or black)
Hope this helps....

If anyone needs this setup let me know... Please note I am not going to give it away either but will be fair

CCIE
Yes, I definitely have the rear wide track suspension. I haven't looked at the front yet, but I was fairly certain of this a few days ago, when I went to the junk yard and looked at the rear of a V-6 Fiero that was elevated high enough for me to see everything underneath.
Now, would anyone know what half shaft I should use? I'm very close to just keeping the short one I bought for $79.00 and swapping the CV joints with what's on there.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »
Hope this helps....

CCIE

Ccemn1

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 08:01:35 AM »
I guess I still don't understand why you need a new axel shaft when all that's bad is the wheel bearing???
Is the axel cracked, bent or broken? Why did you order a new axel when all you need is a wheel bearing???
The wheel end boot is shredded from improper placement of the E-Brake cable and it's making noise.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »
IFG used to have there own Wide Track suspension setup, similar to Aronut setup. But from your previous pic it doesn't look like you have the setup. it looks more like the stock. You need to post more detail pic with the car on a lift and tires off (preferably)
The question is more what transmission you have in your car. If it is anything other then the Fiero transmission then you have custom axles. I will see if I can find some pic of the suspension that IFG had.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:26:21 PM by CCIE »

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
I guess I still don't understand why you need a new axel shaft when all that's bad is the wheel bearing???
Is the axel cracked, bent or broken? Why did you order a new axel when all you need is a wheel bearing???

jrule78

• Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:07 PM »
You can rebuild the axle.  Probably only the boot that's ripped and slinging grease. As far as your bearing , most likely stock but you won't know till you have it out. Then you can compare to new.

Ccemn1

What half shaft?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 12:51:16 PM »
I recently purchased an IFG Diablo on a Fiero Base vehicle, 2.8 V-6 and 5 speed transaxel.
In going over it, I discovered I needed new drivers side rear wheel bearings and a half shaft. I purchased both online, but when delivered, it was immediately apparent that the stock Fiero half shaft was too short. I was told this car had the anti-bump steer package, and apparently a wider rear suspension, because there don't seem to be any wheel spacers being used. The distance from the Trans to the inside of the bearing hub is about 16".
Can anyone give me a clue as to what half shafts I should be using?
Thank you.