Author Topic: Hi everyone - I have just bought a partially completed Countach LP400 replica. I'm planning to finis  (Read 2205 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Welcome to the forum!  I talk with a guy from central Pennsylvania(U.S. State) who owns and operates Exotic Illusions.  He has been building Countach replicas for well over 20yrs and has always been helpful and informative for any questions I called him on.  If you google search Exotic Illusions you might find his website, not sure of it off hand because I always call him directly.  Here is his work phone number 1-570-876-1355 and his name is Demetrios.  Hopes this helps some and good luck with your build.
Whoa that's an hour from where I grew up, never knew

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Where is a good place to do a build diary... Anyone got any suggestions for a particularly good blog spot, that allows lots of photos, and doesn't randomly delete them, etc.?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?board=29.0

Electro_boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Where is a good place to do a build diary... Anyone got any suggestions for a particularly good blog spot, that allows lots of photos, and doesn't randomly delete them, etc.?

If it ain't broken, then why are these electrons all over the floor?

Electro_boy

BP I haven't decided on motor(s) yet. I need to get some wheels on the car, so sort suspension etc. first. Although my spring choices will be affected a bit by the weight of the batteries, so it's a bit chicken and egg. I'd love to go for an AC motor or motors, possibly something like the twin motors that HPEVS sell: these are inline, with two controllers. Or if things work out well, maybe an engine for each wheel (things working out well here means I take long  enough to finish the Countach, that these systems are more readily available. The good thing about the steel frame chassis is I can re-manufacture it a bit to incorporate battery boxes. Whatever I do, I'd like to ba able to replicate the Countach's acceleration in an electric version, although top speed will be limited, a bit like the Teslas are. I'll get onto starting a build diary...

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your build. Also don't forget to start a build diary to show your progress and to help solve issues you may not be able to find within the current threads.
 ::salute

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Welcome! I am interested in the electric side of your project. Do you know what motor, batteries, etc you will be using? If done right, an electric would be really cool!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Electro_boy

P.s. I'm looking for a good source of interior bits. I'd like to be able to get some seats or at least the fibreglass or carbon fibre inner parts of them. All I have at the moment is an exterior skin and the tube frame. I do have the dashboard, and some wheel wells, and the light boxes. of the exterior. It would be great to get some comprehensive photos of the interior of a real countach so I know what I'm aiming for. I've got Peter Dron's book, which is quite good, and another one which is not so helpful. It's hard to know what I'm even missing at the moment. I have tracked down some of the lights, and am leaving the other exterior parts like badges for the meantime

Electro_boy

Hi folks, and thanks for the contacts! I've seen that amazing story about the guy who built the Countach in his basement! Very impressive and a little weird, which I feel I must be too to be doing this kind of thing. E.g. I will probably have to re concrete the drive so that I can get the finished car out of the garage (or shop, as you seem to call it in the US :-) ). I find it both very exciting and quite alarming at the same time that I have embarked on this quest... Lambo - where are you in New Zealand? I'm in Whangaparaoa... Yes, it's the one from trade me, and I would love to hear whatever you know. Can I give you a call sometime? My cell is oh 27 five Sven too for Sven 53 (just avoiding the evil bots there... Please type these hidden numbers whirr whirr). Send me a text, and I'll give you a call (my name's Arthur, by the way).

Graeme Stebbing

• Liked: 30
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Hi EB, welcome aboard good to have another Kiwi aboard, I have been building one of Dave Shorts Countess Molding Countach's for too many years, if you need some help just ask, you say its a lp400 you have was that the trademe car in wellington, if so I know a lot about its history , from the ground up, so if you have questions just ask.

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Welcome to the forum!  I talk with a guy from central Pennsylvania(U.S. State) who owns and operates Exotic Illusions.  He has been building Countach replicas for well over 20yrs and has always been helpful and informative for any questions I called him on.  If you google search Exotic Illusions you might find his website, not sure of it off hand because I always call him directly.  Here is his work phone number 1-570-876-1355 and his name is Demetrios.  Hopes this helps some and good luck with your build.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Welcome to the forum, EB.  Hope that you can "search" find useful info on here.  You might try to contact Ken Imhoff in Wisconsin (the guy that built his Countach in his basement.  Just search Countach in a basement and you should find his website).  He might share his build diary with you and give you some pointers.  Nice guy.

Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Electro_boy

P.s. I'm brand new to the site, hence my incompetent posting. But it looks like it will be really indispensable, so cheers to whoever created and maintains it!

Electro_boy

Whoops - writing this from my sick bed on my iPad, and the post button was right next to the title, which I was halfway through reducing! Anyway, I need pointing to a good thorough diary of a countach build, where someone used a tube chassis frame, not a cutdown or adapted other body. I live in New Zealand. We don't have many fieros around these parts...

Electro_boy

Hi everyone - I have just bought a partially completed Countach LP400 replica. I'm planning to finish the body and make it into an electric car (which may possibly alarm some of you). I need some help tracking down any interior