Author Topic: : )  (Read 2825 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: New Mid Engine Corvette in my shop!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 11:33:04 AM »
I don't know if I still have the article but in Car and Driver it reported that it would have a dual clutch transmission with paddle shifters.  I will be surprised if they use a standard, manual shift transmission.  Not high tech enough for today's cars.

Eric,
   The Corvette that I brought to your shop last week had paddle shifters from he factory.

Isn't that an automatic rather than a dual clutch transmission?

I do not really know. Hate to admit it but I said it had them, I did not say I knew how to use them. See you the end of this week, maybe we can look then.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 11:34:52 AM by 76mx »

aeauto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 11:09:33 PM »
I don't know if I still have the article but in Car and Driver it reported that it would have a dual clutch transmission with paddle shifters.  I will be surprised if they use a standard, manual shift transmission.  Not high tech enough for today's cars.

Eric,
   The Corvette that I brought to your shop last week had paddle shifters from he factory.

Isn't that an automatic rather than a dual clutch transmission?

76mx

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »

Eric,

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 07:54:54 AM »
hmm the pictures of 2019 red and yellow the  cosmetics are not impressive to me , for the money i rather buy ( if I could) 2019 BMW 850I rag top .I think it goes for  around 120K. how much is  Corvette 2018 top ot the line?

aeauto

• Liked: 33
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 11:52:31 PM »

76mx

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:06:37 PM »
Several years ago, I do not know exact times so the timeline may not be accurate, but I saw an article from GM about next year's Corvette and the Tremec transaxle that would be used in the new mid-engine Corvette. It went on to talk about how the transaxle would be available to the enthusiast, and how it was going to revolutionize the homebuilt market. It could be configurable in either a front, rear, or mid-engine set-up, and nothing like it had ever been offered to the public. I have some pretty good connections with Tremec, so I called intending to order one. My friends at Tremec told me that they had seen the articles and did not know what GM was talking about, that this transaxle was still in development and was years away from production. Maybe it has been more years than I thought, and maybe this timeline works, but more realistically I think GM is stuck on the mid-engine project (at least to the public) without a proven transaxle.   

Flex

• Liked: 13
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »
Saw some more recent spy shots of it out in public. I don't see any lambo in it at all . I see NSX and maybe some old school Ferrari in the front and straight up Camaro in the rear. 
I pray this is not the case. I have owned the current C7, and the cars styling definitely has European flare to it and the interior is miles better than any corvette in the past.
So I was hoping the next generation would be revolutionary instead of evolutionary. 
I guess any mid engine from GM is revolutionary since it's only taken them 50 years to make it.
My .02 cents

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 12:10:01 PM »
Are you implying the 2020 year Corvette with the mid engine or:

"We’re sorry for any cognitive dissonance* guys, but GM’s mid-engine supercar will debut with either in-line electric motors or hybrid drive system via GM’s extensive experience with Volt and Bolt.  Expect blinding acceleration and a new era in Corvette performance." per Dave Cruikshank

*In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values. This discomfort is triggered by a situation in which a person’s belief clashes with new evidence perceived by that person. When confronted with facts that contradict personal beliefs, ideals, and values, people will find a way to resolve the contradiction in order to reduce their discomfort.

What on earth??? Awesome!!!  Wait and see.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:18:35 PM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
: )
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 04:47:57 AM »
 ::LAMBO
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:22:16 PM by Robert »
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.