How To - Tips > Other / Everything Else

Please Help?

<< < (2/2)

Ccemn1:
The steering wheel in the Photos was the original. This is the Gran Prix wheel in it.

Ccemn1:
I bought a Ron Dolling Diablo Roadster. IMHO the finest builder on the planet of these cars. Only problem is, I'm the 3rd, or 4th owner and previously the car was stolen, trashed, and stripped of anything salable on it. The Fiero motor was blown, so a previous owner had a 3.8 super charged motor put in, from a 2007 Pontiac Gran Prix. When I bought it, it had the steering column & wheel from the Gran Prix installed also. My guess was to have the transponder key function with the new motor?
I only got one key with the car, so when I went to get more keys made, we discovered it was a transponder key. The locksmith suggested he cut a plain (Non-transponder) key, and see if it works. It did! That made me assume that somehow, the transponder had been defeated.
The larger Gran Prix column was fouling the brake linkage, so I'm having a mechanic install a Fiero column, from the same year as the donor car. Problem is, this latest mechanic can get the car to crank over with the Fiero column & key, but not run.
Anyone have any experience, or tips on this topic? It's driving both me and this current mechanic crazy!
I've had this car over a year, and have only been able to drive it about 4 times!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version