Author Topic: OE door glass  (Read 5914 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: OE door glass
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 09:15:47 PM »
Yeah, we should start a new thread for Murci glass. You won't sell 100 pieces of any of this stuff, that is for sure.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »
Also I understand this is a Countach section but I'm assuming Murci is also being talked about here!!!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 05:55:28 PM »
OE spec door glass or actual Lamborghini glass parts? This may be a tough one. Murcie-Me had a lead on a glass place that seemed like they could do about anything.

I have contacted this company and yes they will make just about anything, only problem is you need to order 100 pieces of each, along with an initial mold fee of $1,500 a side and an additional cost per piece! If I could possibly get 100 people interested in OE sized Murcielago Coupe glass it would be a no brainer! I'm guessing that won't happen so hopefully Cliff will save the day!  ::beers
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Linlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 05:41:50 PM »
Hey guys;

I got some additional info from various folks about Countach side glass. 

Cliff;

I am glad you have Will's glass.  It is Pilkington glass and is a bit out in a few areas.  I made up some sheets showing the oem glass, Sienna Countach and Pilkington measurements I have obtained through various sources. 

Pilkington is curved which is great as that is required but the sizes are a bit out.  The biggest difference is the height of the quarter glass which results in the full setup being about an inch or so shorter height wise.  If we can get a glass company to take the Pilkington glass and adjust the few areas needed to get closer to oem, we would be golden.  I will give you a call Cliff and we can chat about the glass.

Cliff;

Does the Pilkington side glass have a compound curve to it?  Meaning it has the side curve but also lays down a bit at the back edge so would not lay flat on a surface as the front edge is at a different angle than the rear edge??

Might be the best option we have had so far......

The comparison sheets

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
Cliff, is that countach glass???

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »
OE coupe Murci door and quarter glass!!! Be my hero Cliff!!!  ::beers
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 05:45:44 PM by Purple LP670 SV »

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »
I am still looking for G28 roadster door glass.  If you are putting together a group buy please add my name.

BigPines

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
I'm with autopro. I am very interested in OEM spec Murcielago Coupe glass if anyone wants to get a group buy together!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 09:32:37 AM »
Cliff, I need OEM sized door glass for a Murcielago Coupe if you can get it please!
Pedro

cliffs custom fab

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 23
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 06:04:01 AM »
Hey don't hope all is well. Have not talked to you in what seems forever. I have wills glass. And I am going to take it to Atlanta this weekend their is a glass company their that does tempered glass. And can do the glass is several tints as well.  For all the looking I have done he seems the most reasonable. Might get all my glass made their. I am hoping he can make the mercy roadster side glass. Anyways if you need some info on him hit me up.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 01:46:53 PM »
Don
Thanks for the heads up, I will pass on the info

Linlor

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
I heard back from Freddy this weekend and we are working the details to get some 3d scans of the side windows.  Freddy did say though that the time to make the molds and start getting some product out will be anywhere from six to nine months once the scan files are delivered.  I guess the manufacturer is really backed up....

More to come as we proceed.

Cheers
Don

Linlor

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:31:26 PM »
Hey Guys;

I have been working with Freddy at Sienna Countach and 76mx for the past month or so to get some new oem sized and shaped side glass packages made.  Freddy already has molds made for the Sienna size side glass but they do not have the compound curves of the oem side glass and they are slightly smaller(shorter) than oem.  The side glass will be tempered as well rather than laminated that you can already get from Pilkington's in the UK.

We are just working to get some 3d scans off some oem side glass so the files can be sent off to a 3d modeler to make plugs.  Freddy's glass maker will make the molds and start pulling glass from there.  I don't have a time frame for all of this as it takes time to get the scans and then build the plugs etc.

I will keep everyone updated as progress is made.

Adrian;

If you need glass right away then you can go to Pilkington's in the UK but their's is laminated and slightly shorter than oem.  They were made for the Mirage over there.  wbnemo1(Will) has a set of the Pilkington glass and I put a pile of his pics over on madmechanics to get everything in one spot for reference.

Cheers
Don

dhart99

• Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:42:42 PM »
  Don has been working alot on this project , hopefully he will chime in with an update , it's looking very good that we should have a solution soon.

BigPines

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »
OE spec door glass or actual Lamborghini glass parts? This may be a tough one. Murcie-Me had a lead on a glass place that seemed like they could do about anything.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:21:00 PM by BigPines »