Author Topic: Saying Hi!  (Read 2249 times)

Flex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 13
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Saying Hi!
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »
Hi Rob.

Ive noticed that things are getting harder to find as well.. Still looking for a few parts for my lambo 6.0 as well. Not too many guys left out there . Most are shut down to avoid law suits. But there are still some with parts and bodys and frames laying around that they want to get rid of. Such as total performance, formerly known ar D&R . Not sure what Tom has left, but i know he has some murcielago builds , and even an enzo . And some frames and partially finished cars he wants to sell and even a real oem  murcialago frame. Give me an email address and i can put you in touch with him.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:25:47 PM by Flex »

Rob James

• Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Thanks Guys, you all make me feel so welcome! I can see you guys are a wealth of information, so I think I'm in the right place! Some of the builds you guys are working on make me drool at the mouth!!  :drool
So as far as being committed, well I certainly am..........err, more precisely my Doctors say I SHOULD be committed.......but that's a whole other story! Hehe!! It's looking like my first build will be more of a Frankenstein than a Replica, but that's just to get my feet wet. We'll see how it goes.

Rob,  ::beers

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 10:09:25 AM »
Welcome RJ…
This is a demanding hobby that can become obsessive.  Just so you know what you are getting into.
This site is also a perfect place to get advice.
Keep us up to date on your progress.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »
Welcome, RJ to the best.  Put your star on the members map.  Use the "Search" button and you can learn a ton of info.
How about this one?  :drool
Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 07:50:25 AM »
welcome to the forum

great bunch of guys here, full of help and info

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »
Welcome to the best Lambo replica knowledge base on the internet today  ::headbang ! If its not here then its not true  ::tongue !

Thumper

• Liked: 31
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 10:42:39 AM »
Welcome!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
Pedro

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:58:37 AM »
Hey, no worries, most of us still call these kits. I just wanted to make sure you understood it wasn't "plug-n-play". There is definitely a lot of work involved in one of these.

I would say don't be in a hurry. Look at all the "kits" available and make a good decision based on what is best for you. Make sure you know what glass will fit the body. That would be a deal breaker for me.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Rob James

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
Thanks BigPines...........see I'm already learning things. Ok, I'd better get my Kit before there are none left, thanks for the advice. And in the future I'll refer to it as my build, not a Kit. Thanks again!!

Rob,  ::beers

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 10:41:29 AM »
Welcome to the site Rob!

Unfortunately, it is a bit of a rough time to find a reputable place to get a body. I'm not sure if there are any left which do Reventons. Car Kit, Inc. had to stop selling most of their bodies but they still have an Aventador for now. You should look into that before it is gone too. Other than that, there are a couple of guys here selling Murcielago panels as well as Extreme in the UK and INSPIREcomposites here also has an Aventador.

There is no such thing as a kit. You just get the body panels and have to fabricate everything else together yourself. There are lots of resources on this site though so if you want to learn, it is doable.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Rob James

Saying Hi!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:08:26 AM »
Hi Guys, just wanted to quickly introduce myself, I'm Rob from Western Canada. I'm here because I'm completely committed to building a Lamborghini Replica Car, and I need everyone's advice. I love all the builds that I've looked at so far, and can't wait to dive in, full throttle, so to speak! So I need to know where to buy my kit, and all kinds of other advice as I'm building it. I'm leaning towards the Reventon, but the Matador and Aventador look nice as well. Hopefully I won't be too much bother...but I want to do this right...the first time!! I look forward to conversing with you Guys! All the BEST!!

Rob, ::beers