Author Topic: LP 640 Autopro  (Read 211284 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: LP 640 Autopro
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2015, 11:37:28 PM »
Bought an oil cooler from ebay that would fit inside my left rocker scoop that will be used to cool the transmission oil.  Did a test fit on it just to see how it was going to work out and I'm pretty happy with the way it fits, just have to make a few brackets and she'll be good to go.  Need to find a suitable grill material for the front of the scoop to protect the cooler from rocks or other debris. If anyone has anything in mind please let me know.  ::help

Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2015, 11:24:07 PM »
Teardown on the car continues, I will be using the steering column and fitted a 3 spoke steering wheel from an A6 Audi.  Hope I  will be able to fit the A/C under the Lamborghini dash  ::scratch

Pedro

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2015, 10:24:32 PM »
So Very nice Sir! Everything fits like a glove!!! Can't wait to see it all wrapped in leather!

At least the doors are LOL!

Pulled the Passat into the garage and started taking it apart in preparation to remove the engine and transmission.

My God look at all the wires  :sosad

Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2015, 09:53:39 AM »
So Very nice Sir! Everything fits like a glove!!! Can't wait to see it all wrapped in leather!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2015, 09:04:12 AM »
Made a little bit of progress on fitting my interior, still a lot of work to do.  I need to make all the mounting points and get some clips for all of these pieces.  There's just so many of them  888o

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2015, 11:29:34 PM »
No worries notnilc post away!

I finished the marker lights for my headlights today.  All I have to do now is start detailing them, prime and then paint.

Pedro

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2015, 03:52:52 PM »
I'm interested in seeing your results as well. I've tried it before but always had issues with the material drooping after being saturated with resin. Granted the enclosure still looked nice but not exactly what was originally intended. Is there a certain fleece to use that works better than others?
Any fleece will do. I stay away from the really fluffy kind. Just use the $1.50/yd. stuff from walmart. You have to use adhesive spray to hold the edges of the fleece, then stretch it slightly so no drooping occurs while making your shape. Stretch it so there are no wrinkles. If you must have wrinkles due to stubborn areas, you can go back and body filler that area later after you lay the fiberglass. After i'm done i'll start a thread on it but i hope i didn't jack Autopros build thread too badly.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »
I'm interested in seeing your results as well. I've tried it before but always had issues with the material drooping after being saturated with resin. Granted the enclosure still looked nice but not exactly what was originally intended. Is there a certain fleece to use that works better than others?

notnilc20

« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2015, 02:41:46 PM »
I see. Yeah, i am taking pictures of the process and will post a lil how to later on. It's similar to the speaker enclosure method, just without the speakers. Keep up the great work on your build, it's truly next level.  ::beers

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2015, 02:34:18 PM »
Well done Autopro. How did you make the interior pieces? Right now i'm doing the same thing experimenting with fleece and fiberglass. Fun fun fun.

Thanks bud! I molded them from OEM pieces, took a while and there are sooo many but it's worth it.  You should post some of your technique with the fleece and fiberglass.  I've seen on youtube how the do the speaker enclosures and it seems very interesting.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:04:09 PM by autopro »
Pedro

notnilc20

« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2015, 02:15:01 PM »
Well done Autopro. How did you make the interior pieces? Right now i'm doing the same thing experimenting with fleece and fiberglass. Fun fun fun.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2015, 01:23:55 PM »
Finally got my interior parts made, now I can start putting this thing together  ::thumbup

I also made some brackets for the rear license plate lights.

Pedro

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »
niceeee
Siteupp.com

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »
Nicely done by you sir! ::thumbup

You're not doing so bad yourself my friend  ::salute

Wow a true Master at work!! I can literally see all the Man hours it took to fabricate this, and in my mind's eye see how many mocked up versions you must have attempted, to get to this point!! Truly amazing......my hat's off to you Sir!! Well done!!  :drool

Rob,  ::beers

Jajajajaja, thanks bud.  Yeah I had to do a couple different ones before I figured this one out.  Everything takes time and one should not be afraid to change it if you see that it won't work out even if you've already invested time and effort into it.  ::beers
Pedro

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2015, 06:28:17 PM »
Wow a true Master at work!! I can literally see all the Man hours it took to fabricate this, and in my mind's eye see how many mocked up versions you must have attempted, to get to this point!! Truly amazing......my hat's off to you Sir!! Well done!!  :drool

Rob,  ::beers