Author Topic: Where to find a kit  (Read 4150 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Where to find a kit
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »
I listed it for sale, with pics

lambocars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 68
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-1
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 01:53:20 AM »
i have bat bodies

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 08:50:39 PM »
I've wanted to do a murcielago for a while. I was ready to pull the trigger and get a package from carkitinc and when I had the money the lambo kits were gone (I assume that's when Audi/Lamborghini went after them). Since then I bought a corvette and have invested quite a bit into that. I am probably going to put that up for sale and move forward with a new project. Am33r do you have pictures of your car?

I've been lazy but I will get you pics on Sunday (= It's an LP640 Roadster on a 95 MR2.

Bob03gt

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 04:06:50 PM »
I actually really like that vaydor kit. Maybe that will be the route I take as a first kit car venture

Simple Man

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
Bob03,
   Carl at Duraflex has a Murcie body kit, much nicer quality than Carkitinc. In a recent conversation with Simple Man, I have learned that it is likely based on the same G28 as the Murcie of Carkitinc. Either way, there is your body. I have Murcie molds as well, but am not interested. On the other hand, if you would be interested in a Chupacabra, we are aiming for a December 1st roll out date.

Roadster kit only and G28 size per conversation with Carl.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 10:26:20 AM »
Bob03,
   Carl at Duraflex has a Murcie body kit, much nicer quality than Carkitinc. In a recent conversation with Simple Man, I have learned that it is likely based on the same G28 as the Murcie of Carkitinc. Either way, there is your body. I have Murcie molds as well, but am not interested. On the other hand, if you would be interested in a Chupacabra, we are aiming for a December 1st roll out date.

Bob03gt

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 04:49:47 AM »
I've wanted to do a murcielago for a while. I was ready to pull the trigger and get a package from carkitinc and when I had the money the lambo kits were gone (I assume that's when Audi/Lamborghini went after them). Since then I bought a corvette and have invested quite a bit into that. I am probably going to put that up for sale and move forward with a new project. Am33r do you have pictures of your car?

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:57:37 AM »
Buy my car (= It's already on the road, and it's fun.  And if you like the Factory Five concept of building a car from a complete set of parts, my lambo is the answer! It's a project I build a few years ago and it's like a lego build. You can take the whole thing apart and put it back together in one 8 hours shift at your garage.

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
They're out there, just look around. What model of car are you looking to build?

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 05:34:52 PM »
I assume you are looking for a Lamborghini "kit".  If you switch to something different you could look to a Vaydor or go to Factory Five.
Factory Five makes true "kits".  You can get almost everything from them along with factory help.  They even have classes you can attend to show you what to expect.  Their cars are pretty cool and come in a range of prices.
If this will be your first try at building your own car, I'd go with factory Five.  It will still be a lot of work but you have a BIG head start.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 10:49:20 AM »
All businesses that produced our fiberglass bodies were threatened to be sued by Audi.  This caused them to close their doors.  You can find some of the older bodies for sale in uncompleted projects around the internet (Ebay etc.)  These will require minimal to extensive work to complete.  There are some on this website for sale.  "You must want to build a replica not just drive one" RT  Only 3% ever finish a replica.  You might try to contact Fiero King on this site.  He may be able to help you find what you are looking for.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Bob03gt

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:05 AM »
That absolutely amazes me. I remember them being so popular when I was younger.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 09:56:06 AM »
There are NO Lamborghini "Kit Cars" per se.  We build our own custom chassis.  There are no two alike.  I do not know of any body assemblies that are usa built.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Bob03gt

Where to find a kit
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:21 AM »
I'm new to the forum and have been doing a lot of looking and only seem to find scam companies offering built cars. Where is a reputable place to get a kit to build. I've wanted to build a kit car since I was a kid and am finally in a position to do so. Thanks for any insight