Author Topic: Replica Lambo Title and Registration Success in New Jersey???  (Read 1388 times)

FAmonmouth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Replica Lambo Title and Registration Success in New Jersey???
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 11:14:35 AM »
move out of state to a friendlier one!
Last time is was in the Eatontown office they gave me a number for an office in Trenton that deals with nothing but kits and homemade cars and trailers.  When i talked to them last it didn't seem all that difficult. 

You can go the fiero route and then have your insurance company come up with a value of the car so if it does get totaled in an accident you are not getting the value of an 88 fiero

SpeedRacerX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Replica Lambo Title and Registration Success in New Jersey???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 01:46:51 PM »
Has anyone successfully titled and registered a Lambo replica in New Jersey? How did you accomplish that?
After researching and reading everything I could for NJ Motor Vehicle rules on this topic, it seems there are only two ways to proceed in NJ.

1. Get a pre-1996 donor car which can be registered as historic, i.e. a 1988 Fiero GT. Emissions-testing exempt but still not sure what would happen if the "Fiero" turned into a Countach ever got into an accident?
2. Homemade car registration and inspection. Seems to be a difficult process but not impossible.

Option 3: move out of this State to a friendlier one.

Any pointers or advice is appreciated.