For Sale / Wanted > Replica / Modified Parts For Sale

Murcielago Taillights

(1/4) > >>

nickmkk:

--- Quote from: ★Murcie-Me★ on May 18, 2023, 12:38:56 AM ---What about using red tinted acrylic/plexiglass?

--- End quote ---

I can look into it, I've still just been trying to get my molds straightened out.  I had some issues with the gelcoat lifting when I made the molds and had to do body work to straighten that out but I'm going to try to make some clear sets this weekend and we'll see how they turn out.

★Murcie-Me★:

--- Quote from: nickmkk on March 31, 2023, 09:17:41 AM ---Well it would be up to you to epoxy the pieces together, finish the body work and paint the housing, sand down and clear coat the arrows, etc.  The lens will just be clear but you could paint them with a red clear coat like in the link, it would probably be a good idea to use that on the arrows as well to make the color more even after a couple coats of clear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0069G12OC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The housing is scaled to OEM size and the lenses are actually being made from a mold of OEM lenses.

--- Quote from: lp670mike on March 31, 2023, 08:20:28 AM ---I would be interested, but would like to see the finished product. What are your thoughts on lens color?
I would prefer to have them red. Like 640 lights. Very nice work so far! How accurate are these to OEM dimensions?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What about using red tinted acrylic/plexiglass?

nickmkk:
I don't currently have plans to make a model of a mold but you could probably pull a mold from a set of the housings.  Also, I haven't printed a set to get pictures from yet but I've made some improvements to the model to have a back panel for enclosing the housing and for mounting leds.  I also just finished molds for thermoforming lenses so I will have lenses available soon and will share pictures when I can.

--- Quote from: mr.lndsy on April 28, 2023, 08:51:48 AM ---Hey, nice work. Any chance you could sell me a rough mold of the housings? Also, the clear lens? BTW I have an idea for fitting in pre-made Aventador lights. DM me if you're interested. Thanks  ::beers

--- End quote ---

mr.lndsy:
Hey, nice work. Any chance you could sell me a rough mold of the housings? Also, the clear lens? BTW I have an idea for fitting in pre-made Aventador lights. DM me if you're interested. Thanks  ::beers

nickmkk:
The holes on the bottom are 8mm to accommodate indicator lights like the following or similar but I can make them any size if you have something specific/custom in mind.
https://www.amazon.com/FILN-Indicator-Waterproof-110V-Black-Anodized-Red/dp/B0BM5TBNK5/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

There isn't any mounting provisions currently, you'd want to bond some mounting tabs on the sides or wherever you need for mounting.
Edit: the model had been updated to include mounting tabs.

--- Quote from: lp670mike on March 31, 2023, 11:38:37 AM ---Understood. Is there any mounting provisions on the backside of the housing, also were the holes along the bottom designed around a known LED?

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version