For Sale / Wanted > Replica / Modified Parts For Sale

Aventador Taillights

(1/2) > >>

Neils88:
I forgot that cars don't all use driving lights in the US. They've been mandatory on all new cars in Canada since 1989. Not sure why the US never adopted that since its a simple, cheap and effective safety feature. I'm not required to put them on the Aventador since it's built on a 1988 Fiero, but I'll use them since everything in my car now runs off a CANBus, and it's a simple matter of adding a few lines on computer code. I will have to change some wiring to split the chevrons... if I want it to look truly oem.

lambobuilder:
Thanks. Had not heard about the DRL. I know on the S2000 I used for the Super7, it came from Canada and had DRL. I think I'll pass on trying to make that work on this one.

--- Quote from: Neils88 on October 03, 2023, 05:36:02 PM ---Lambobuilder, you did a fantastic job of putting it all together! A lot of work, but well worth the effort. I'm really impressed with how close Nick got the components to the oem parts.

Something I just noticed the other day in a video of a real Aventador, for anyone who is interested. While the brake lights activate all three chevrons on each side, the oem driving lights only use the single inner chevron on each side (obviously at reduced intensity). I already wired my lights using all chevrons for brakes and driving lights... have to see how much effort it'll be to rewire them.

--- End quote ---

Neils88:
Lambobuilder, you did a fantastic job of putting it all together! A lot of work, but well worth the effort. I'm really impressed with how close Nick got the components to the oem parts.

Something I just noticed the other day in a video of a real Aventador, for anyone who is interested. While the brake lights activate all three chevrons on each side, the oem driving lights only use the single inner chevron on each side (obviously at reduced intensity). I already wired my lights using all chevrons for brakes and driving lights... have to see how much effort it'll be to rewire them.

lambobuilder:
I've assembled one of Nick's taillights. Very happy with product. https://youtu.be/H3ktWpCKkok

nickmkk:
I've made some updates to the model to include a back panel for enclosing and mounting the leds to.  Also, I added mounting tabs for easier installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version