Author Topic: Neighbor saw the car and wants to buy a completed one  (Read 1005 times)

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Neighbor saw the car and wants to buy a completed one
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:15 PM »
You're right - if it requires continuous work then it's a problem to own a kit car if you're not mechanically inclined.  He has money I think he'd pay to have others do work beyond oil change or spark plugs etc.

thanx man

That orange car looks nice I will ask the seller about the smog/title issue to get it to CA.

The powerful engine swap is great, and so are the 20" wheels, and the paint job, and the interior is wonderful.  Trunk lid doesn't line up, and the drywall screws are still holding the parts on the rear-end of the car!  And it needs to be checked for the engine heating problem.  I would use real tail lights and I think the rocker vents grills are also needed!

But it seems so primitive!  I would add AC, Windows, Tilt Wheel/Steering Column, Speedometer, ABS, Seat rails, Touch Screen Stereo.  Probably some other gauges don't work so they may need work. I son't know if it has a good suspension or too wide of spacers, and not sure if it has power steering.

Someone worked on that car a lot - it looks nice but the comfort needed for the driving experience - that I am not sure it has  :sosad

its already gone from ebay after only one day!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:30:29 PM by am33r »

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 11:09:21 PM »
but he can't do mechanics. 

is it really a good idea to own a kitcar when you cant work on it yourself?

Havemurci

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 89
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:55:17 PM »
There is a pretty, orange v8 coupe on Ebay right now.But the v8 might be problematic for CA.

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Neighbor saw the car and wants to buy a completed one
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 10:49:11 PM »
A guy who lives on the adjacent block saw me mess w the car last week (he saw me build on it last summer too) and now wants to buy a coupe LP640. CA car, registered and tagged.

He has the money but he's not tech savvy so he asked me to ask; I think I am more picky than him.  He can do final work on the car as long as it's aligned correctly and complete with all the parts installed, but he can't do mechanics.  I tried to tell him to build one but he just wants to buy one.

I don't know of any available ones here in CA.  And I don't know how much they are given the power, options, level of completion, etc.  I have seen them go between 20K and 40K (not the joke-looking gold one like the one built on a dodge neon lol).

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:12:57 AM by am33r »