Author Topic: CarKitInc Sued By Lamborghini  (Read 51764 times)

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: CarKitInc Sued By Lamborghini
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »
Staying on the the topic. =)
Lamborghini seems to be going after ppl with legit business. Like car kit Inc. Fugazzi.

Robslp640 and others aren't legitimate business owners of replicas. More like extreme hobiest.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »
Who ever said 3D models are impossible to change? Someone has taken my statements WAY beyond what was intended. I said it was more work to start from scratch from a 3D model than a finished part or pulling a part from a mold. Tweaking the model adds that much more work. Kind of a no-brainer isn't it? I said it could be done multiple times. ::scratch
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

BigPines

« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »
Tusabes,

Lets forget RobsLP640 huh? ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:36:21 AM by BigPines »

Rob James

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2014, 09:03:52 AM »
Regarding a windshield, who has 2500 dollars they can give me so i can buy an aventador windshield and make sure it fits a 3d model and the finished plug? that luxury doesnt exists for me and most of us because thats the nature of this hobby, do everything efficiently and cheap. thats how you end up with a supercar without going broke or losing your wife(not that i would know).
Sorry to go slightly off topic here, but INSPIREcomposites, speaking of windshields, is there a factory one that fits into your Venta-R?

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2014, 06:59:54 AM »
3D models arnt concrete, you can change them any way you want to fit anything. I can create 3d models from scratch, just by looking at 2d drawings. And i even done one to fit around a tube chassis a customer designed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoy3W_nvQw

Regarding a windshield, who has 2500 dollars they can give me so i can buy an aventador windshield and make sure it fits a 3d model and the finished plug? that luxury doesnt exists for me and most of us because thats the nature of this hobby, do everything efficiently and cheap. thats how you end up with a supercar without going broke or losing your wife(not that i would know).

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:03:57 AM by INSPIREcomposite »

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »
Even if Cki never makes another body from these molds there are several other ppl selling bodies who have their own molds or access to different molds

I spot two people with access to murci molds posting in
This thread , I won't name them it they don't want to publicize it.  But they are out there for serious buyers

Lets also not forget robslp640, lamboreplicaforsale etc
There's a number of murci suppliers still out there

Cki was perhaps the most prominent , and that's likely what did him in
Those who operate with less publicity keep churning along

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2014, 08:53:16 PM »
let's forget the accuracy issue for a moment. How much work would it take to make a video game model work with any readily available glass? That was my real point. Can it be done? Sure it can.

I see :) I'm no expert but two years ago I modded my own ps3 on v3.55 then ripped the game via multiman then extracted the model of the car from the code. I got several codes of cars out.  I know its tech stuff sorry but yea nowadays the models are online everywhere as cad files.

On my post #42 here http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/consumer-opinions/15662-lamborghini-aventador-5.html Its really easy to work w software of that type.  I think it takes a bit more work (maybe a few hours to adjust and supper impose the size of a given windshield into the model without re-sizing the model) InspireComposists is an expert he will know the best process for sure.

Also, if we start from scratch then we can make a windshield fiberglass frame using the actual windshield to fit the windshield perfectly.   ::beers this is all i know how to pitch in but I dont want to steer this thread elsewhere - too late, but yes we should make another thread regarding available bodies and anticipated hopes in new bodies
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:01:41 PM by am33r »

BigPines

« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
I understand am33r. This isn't simply a question of "accuracy". it is a question of how much work you have to do to get to a usable end-product. I know there are OEM guys and guys that don't care so let's forget the accuracy issue for a moment. How much work would it take to make a video game model work with any readily available glass? That was my real point. Can it be done? Sure it can.

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2014, 06:14:09 PM »
Pines  ::wave

Accuracy is not a matter of Confirmation; it's a matter of Degree.

Bring me any replica and you and I can detail how inaccurate it is, I mean where does the detail analysis end and where do you draw the line?  Let me just state that not one G28 body has the exact wheelbase of the original car or that of the stretched donor it sits on.

I bought and properly mounted all 16 OEM grills and the OEM tail lights and a few other external parts from Lamborghini, but does that make my car an accurate replica? no

The murci-2 at the heart of the issue here can not and will not produce an accurate replica.  It requires a sever amount of work only to produce some variation.

How many people bought one from Jacki and finished an accurate car? or a sensible road worthy car? how many hours does that body require to finish? was that mold itself a cause for the bumper problems? the way the tail lights never fit without further cutting? wider door lines? wider fender surfaces? etc. etc.

If anyone wants those bodies then yes people should buy what's already out there. Enough producing the same stuff - we all here see and ridicule the ebay posts...  That mold is a big part of the problem.

Also, it is so easy to splash all parts on a kit and use that to make a mold, I don't see how that is difficult it's just fiberglass work. I splashed the two front corners of my bumper and fender in case I get in an accident and I need to remake that part one day, I did all that in mere hours. How difficult can it be really!

But again, I would have bought a body that resembles a muci even if it's not the same length or width as long as the spirit of Lamborghini is still in the body (something for instance murci-4 lacks).

Not everyone is after the same thing - or maybe it's just me! But I certainly don't want an accurate car if it means I can't use HID lights, and LED lights, and the rims I like, or coil overs, or the mirrors I like, or the fuel door cap that I like!  Is it my opinion or are these improvements over the original real lp640.

So again, who has an accurate car  ::LAMBO

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »
You know, if you are going to go carbon fiber, the G28 molds are probably not the best for you. From what I understand, these panels require quite a bit of work to get right (especially the doors) and I would think fiberglass would be much easier to work with in this regard. If you want to go carbon fiber, you probably want to go OEM spec and those molds are rare.

This is a VERY true statement. Don't waste the Carbon Fiber on a incorrect G28 body.

BigPines

« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »
That can definitely be done too but despite rumors to the contrary, those models aren't all that accurate and require a lot of work if you want them to look right and work with off-the-shelf glass (OEM or otherwise). Lots of work to go this route - refine the model, cut the foam, finish the plug, mold the plug and then pull the panels. Definitely an option though since we sort of seem to be starting from scratch anyway.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:31:54 PM by BigPines »

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2014, 04:26:04 PM »
The next body should not come from a g28 mold, it should come from forza car

BigPines

« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
You know, if you are going to go carbon fiber, the G28 molds are probably not the best for you. From what I understand, these panels require quite a bit of work to get right (especially the doors) and I would think fiberglass would be much easier to work with in this regard. If you want to go carbon fiber, you probably want to go OEM spec and those molds are rare.

HawkerDriver

• Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2014, 03:34:36 PM »
If I ultimately end up going that way, Rest assured, Everything will be posted here.

Now that I respect! :) Yes, it is doable. Doing the body all as one piece as the G28 is, would make it more difficult for sure but this isn't the dress kind of carbon fiber we are talking about anyway. If this gets done I want to hear about it.

BigPines

« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Now that I respect! :) Yes, it is doable. Doing the body all as one piece as the G28 is, would make it more difficult for sure but this isn't the dress kind of carbon fiber we are talking about anyway. If this gets done I want to hear about it.