Author Topic: CarKitInc Sued By Lamborghini  (Read 51550 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: CarKitInc Sued By Lamborghini
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2014, 05:37:58 PM »
Greetings to all from Belieze. I would like to answer Notnilc's question and some others on this thread. The short and absolute answer is yes. There is more about this in my post #102,#104, and #108 on this thread. This may sound in direct conflict with PurpleLP670's statement at #112 that it is urban legend that purchasing a knock off is illegal. He is absolutely right, but we are talking about two different things here. As I said in #102 and you can read for yourself in the Petition, the Petition asked for a recall. Since Jackie has defaulted and been found guilty, they now have every right to demand the recall of the copies, even though the owner of the copy is not convicted and did nothing wrong. I believe they are not trying to establish a sales number as IKR suggests, they want to send a message by a recall. There has also been debate about whether this list exists. Tallon and Shulzea may be fortunate enough not to be on it, but I made a serious effort to buy Carkitinc and went to Alabama several times for this, and can tell you that the list does exist and I have seen it, even verified sales to get an accurate cash flow number. I am telling this community again that Jackie did a noble thing for us by falling on his sword. As for them going after Jackie and not Rob, they first have to verify sales and customers, and I am not sure they could actually do that with Rob.   

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »
he,s not sure what his plans are, maybe design something new with no ties to other production cars.
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

rickwr88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2014, 07:54:09 PM »
I think he's closed for good. There is no website anymore and no YouTube Channel either. Hey IKR, did he mention starting over under a other name?

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2014, 03:54:23 PM »
not really going after customers ,trying to see how many kits were sold ,this way they can claim a loss due to the sale,s of the of the replica,s
They have already admitted kit buyers would not be customers of the real car

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »
it could also monitor if any customers would re splash and continue to re producing their brand.

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2014, 10:03:21 AM »
not really going after customers ,trying to see how many kits were sold ,this way they can claim a loss due to the sale,s of the of the replica,s
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2014, 08:54:53 AM »
talked to CKI today ,the trucking company has picked up all the Lambo Molds to be Destroyed ,he is not sure what direction he is going in from here ,it has been a long ordeal ,they are still asking for a list of buyers and or customers names. THEY ARE OUT !!!

So i know this has been debated before but can Lamborghini go after the customers who bought a body for personal use?  If they are going after a customer list, it seems that is what the end game would be.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2014, 09:01:32 AM »
good luck with that lol

italianknightrider

• IKR
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2014, 03:10:28 PM »
talked to CKI today ,the trucking company has picked up all the Lambo Molds to be Destroyed ,he is not sure what direction he is going in from here ,it has been a long ordeal ,they are still asking for a list of buyers and or customers names. THEY ARE OUT !!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:23:06 PM by italianknightrider »

INSPIREcomposite (BANNED)

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 108
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2014, 07:16:51 AM »
I'm tired of your constant taunting INSPIRE. You have a huge ego and it is truly annoying. I've been trying to keep from calling you out publicly but you just won't leave me alone. You asked for it, you got it. For the sake of your future customers...

Sorry to go slightly off topic here, but INSPIREcomposites, speaking of windshields, is there a factory one that fits into your Venta-R?

no, those that know how to build kit cars will find a windshield and make it work.

So you took a 3D model and produced a body without any thought as to what glass would work in it? THIS is exactly what I am talking about. Yes, this is the cheap and easy way for you but what about your customers? It takes more than just cutting some foam and making some panels to "end up with a supercar without going broke". It takes proper thought, planning and yes, it takes time.

do you think youre exposing me? Im completely honest with my customers and tell them i havent figured out glass yet when i could easily tell them "yeah and OEM windshield works". obviously i would lose alot of customers but thats what i knew when i decided not to put in the extra effort to make a factory glass fit. IKR has acrylic glass that fits mine. and i bet oem glass would fit if not come close. I wasnt worried about it when i was building the plug because again, people that know how to build kit cars, will find a windshield and make it work. Fiberglass isnt concrete either, it can be changed.

you have 900 posts on this forum, but i havent seen anything you have built. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 07:37:03 AM by INSPIREcomposite »

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2014, 09:21:58 PM »
No, it was not your fault am33r. I apologize to you and everyone else as well.

For some reason, INSPIREcomposites seems to want to challenge and harass me. He has hijacked three different threads on two different forums now to do this. The only thing I can think of is because my standards are high and he resents that.

Although I would do things differently, I have repeatedly given him credit and respect for the work which he has done. However, I will not lower my standards because of the intimidation tactics of an individual.

I am happy to take this important conversation to the new thread. Maybe the moderators can transfer all related posts to the new thread as well.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »
Let's move the discussion of 3d video game models regarding windshields etc. here http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=2613.0 I feel like it was mu fault i opened that jar of jam

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2014, 04:21:34 PM »
I'm tired of your constant taunting INSPIRE. You have a huge ego and it is truly annoying. I've been trying to keep from calling you out publicly but you just won't leave me alone. You asked for it, you got it. For the sake of your future customers...

Sorry to go slightly off topic here, but INSPIREcomposites, speaking of windshields, is there a factory one that fits into your Venta-R?

no, those that know how to build kit cars will find a windshield and make it work.

So you took a 3D model and produced a body without any thought as to what glass would work in it? THIS is exactly what I am talking about. Yes, this is the cheap and easy way for you but what about your customers? It takes more than just cutting some foam and making some panels to "end up with a supercar without going broke". It takes proper thought, planning and yes, it takes time.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
Who ever said 3D models are impossible to change? Someone has taken my statements WAY beyond what was intended. I said it was more work to start from scratch from a 3D model than a finished part or pulling a part from a mold. Tweaking the model adds that much more work. Kind of a no-brainer isn't it? I said it could be done multiple times. ::scratch

i dont know much about you pines, have you built a kit car before? or produce any parts or bodies?

« Reply #141 on: October 04, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »
3D models arnt concrete, you can change them any way you want to fit anything. I can create 3d models from scratch, just by looking at 2d drawings. And i even done one to fit around a tube chassis a customer designed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoy3W_nvQw

Regarding a windshield, who has 2500 dollars they can give me so i can buy an aventador windshield and make sure it fits a 3d model and the finished plug? that luxury doesnt exists for me and most of us because thats the nature of this hobby, do everything efficiently and cheap. thats how you end up with a supercar without going broke or losing your wife(not that i would know).