Author Topic: Mike's LP 670 build  (Read 58486 times)

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
Re: Mike's LP 670 build
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »
The only spot on the door skin that will have to be modified possibly is the trim section that goes behind the door. It will probably have to be sliced and re-glassed to match the angle of the rear weather stripping on the Saturn door.  Still have to do some messing around with this.  I think it will be only be minimal though when all said and done.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:20 AM »
 Saturn door with oem door skin

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
2004 Saturn ion door

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:53 AM »
Hey guys,
I picked up a 2004 Saturn ion door a few days back at a local pick and pull.  I made a cardboard template of the door glass window opening and went hunting for a few hours. I ended up finding that the Saturn glass was a very close size and shape.  So I unbolted it an carried it a half mile to the front desk. Of course I didn't bring a wagon or hand truck! ;D  Anyway 48 dollars later I had myself a nice new Saturn ion door.  I only got the driver side because the passenger side was stoved in.
I got it home and started dicing it up. my plan is to use the entire window frame and trimmed down door shell and tie that into my door structure.  I think the window tracks will fit, but may need an inch or so trimmed of the bottom.  I think this is a nice approach because you will end up with a nice sealing and operating window without tons of fabrication and headaches. Unfortunately I cant really start mocking it up until I get going on my chassi and get my body mounted. We have to get my Dad's 71 dodge Dart done that's been taking up my whole garage for two years now, but it is finally almost done.  Come spring time I plan to go full bore on the lambo :santa

Merry Christmas guys!

camaro80

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 02:44:26 PM »
Thanks Mike
I'm glad you like my parts. Wish shipping companies could drop prices  ;) But constantly looking for cheaper ones. Also pleasure to do business with you.
I have complete copies of the LP640 and lp670, available all the parts, parts are copies of originals in

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
Got my headlight housings and the small scoop piece that goes in the oil cooler rocker scoop. These were made by Marek aka. Camaro80. These are the best quality frp parts I have purchased for my build so far. He is a pleasure to buisness with and I would definitely recomend him.  Shipping for small parts from uk is reasonable but foe large parts it could be a deal breaker.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »
PM sent thank you kind sir!

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 01:14:12 PM »
I will post more pics soon gonna have to transfer them to my computer first so they upload correctly.  Progress has been slow due to all the work going on with my house at the moment. But I have been ordering parts in the meantime. I am waiting on headlights from Marek which I just got a shipping confermation for last night. So I am super excited to get them.  Now I have to figure out what to do for lenses. Since I missed out on those orders.

I have 3 sets of the plastic lenses of which one set is going to the new owner of my car and the other two sets are for sale. 

$125 plus shipping per set plus shipping.

PM or email me if interested.

Chris

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
I will post more pics soon gonna have to transfer them to my computer first so they upload correctly.  Progress has been slow due to all the work going on with my house at the moment. But I have been ordering parts in the meantime. I am waiting on headlights from Marek which I just got a shipping confermation for last night. So I am super excited to get them.  Now I have to figure out what to do for lenses. Since I missed out on those orders.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 10:27:57 PM »
Same here, you need to post more pics though!
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »
Nice work Mike! Will be paying close attention!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »
sorry guys don't know why my phone keeps putting pictures in on a 90 degree angle

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 02:35:06 PM »
Pics

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
Mike's LP 670 build
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »
hey guys,

I figured it's time for me to start a build diary since I now have my toyota mr2 chassis.at the moment I'm still working on converting my body to a 670 style.I have the body mocked up on a rolling body jig that I built. I am currently working on fitting the rear parts that I got from inspire composites.the overall size and dimensions of the parts is pretty good for an oem body however it is taking much more work than anticipated to install them due to the complete lack of provisions for mounting.so I am slowly adding metal reinforcements and mounting studs to all the parts.here are a couple pics to show how I'm adding the mounting stuff