Author Topic: universal lambo door kit  (Read 799 times)

ardillo lambo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: universal lambo door kit
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2022, 11:23:32 AM »
Neils,
Thanks for the pictures!!
It looks like for the aventador the arm needs to be shorten, maybe remove the flat bar and extended inside the door frame weld it.
The Reventon don't have that extream angle when opening, I think is around 5 degrees. I think I'll give it a try

Neils88

• Liked: 135
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 09:11:54 PM »
As per a request, I'm posting a couple of pictures to show the dimensions of an ebay Lambo hinge for reference. I've also added a picture with it clamped approximately in the location it would have to sit. Note that it would have to be modified as it sits above the top of the door. What this doesn't show is the interference that would result once it sits at an angle (I.e. leaning out at 19° for the Aventador). The door frame interferes with the curved part of the hinge. Note, the thickness of the hinge at the bearing is about 2". I've seen others that are closer to 4" at the bearing.

Neils88

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 04:04:29 PM »
No. I didn't use any part of the Lambo hinge kit. Everything was made by me

ardillo lambo

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM »
Neil's,
I went to page 12 of your thread and I saw the door angles and all that...but I can't see a close up of the door hinges, you never used the hinges on that universal lambo door kit? I'm right?

Neils88

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 10:59:51 PM »
There is a better picture on page 12 of my build diary. I had made some tweaks to get the angles correct.

I bought oem grills for all the major openings. But I am also using a nice generic metal hex mesh for some of the less conspicuous openings. I found that on ebay. Just cut the required piece from a large sheet of it then bend as required.

ardillo lambo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 06:47:11 PM »
Neils,
Thanks for the info, I have to see how different or similar are the Reventon fenders vs murcies. Yeah I saw the two pivot point, and thats why I liked.... in my case I need the 2 pivot point to open vertical 1st and then a few degrees out, the other way around when closing.  I can restrict the horizontal motion for the few degrees I need. But what I'm worried about is the elbow part that might get in the way or really close to the tire. I guess I need to do a card board template out of internet images  to see how that looks in the fender.

BTW: After looking on your thread on pennocks....where did you found the front bumper mesh is that OEM or you source something and modified it???
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 07:11:17 PM by ardillo lambo »

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »
Neils88 has provided me a lot of great ideas. The hinges are covered here and on the following page in his posts. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134807-4.html  and also on page 12

« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:00:06 AM by lambobuilder »

Neils88

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 10:17:08 AM »
I bought one, but quickly discovered that physically the hinge is much larger than the fender. There is just no orientation that would allow it to be used. These hinges are designed for doors to move out, then up. Dual pivots. One could be eliminated... but I don't see any way to shrink them to a practical size.

I decided to use two bearing blocks (per side). These create a solid pivot point with no play. They are bolted to a plate welded to the frame at an angle, as high up into the fender as possible. Doors for the Aventador open at about 19°, hence the angle. You do need a very solid structure to eliminate (minimize) door play.

ardillo lambo

universal lambo door kit
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 07:20:48 PM »
Fellas,
After a few years busy with some other projects, finally I came back to work on my Reventon project. I was wondering if someone was able to use one of those universal lambo door kit available at ebay/amazon?