Author Topic: Please HELP!  (Read 622 times)

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Please HELP!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 08:17:06 AM »
That concerns me. If they're adjustable, that means they're more prone to leakage. The ones Ron originally installed lasted over 20 years.
At 72 years old now, I don't think I'll last that long.

AsantiLP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 02:29:05 PM »
McMaster shocks that italianknighrider gave you link for are adjustable. You can let out some pressure to adjust it to your specific needs.

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 09:11:19 AM »
good news, let us know how it worked out.

Ccemn1

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 08:31:27 AM »
I just went through a minor nightmare with struts. Someone gave me a link to an outfit selling them on eBay, Alpha Wheels. It was suggested I use 250 lb struts, so I bought a pair & installed them. They were far too weak. I went back to them, and the only next weight up was 300 lb. Bought & installed them, and they're far too strong. I waited too long to return the 250's, my fault, but upon returning the 300's, was charged a 25% restocking fee! I hate that kind of BS business.
Now, I finally found Strut Wise, in BC Canada, who Ron Dolling, the maker of my car was using. Frank there seems to be much more knowledgeable, so I'm waiting to deal with him. 

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 07:11:38 AM »
I told you before about Mcmaster.

Ccemn1

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 07:59:46 AM »
Thank you very much.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 02:44:47 AM »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Ccemn1

Please HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 02:19:08 PM »
I've got a Ron's Toy Store (Rest his soul) Diablo Roadster. Fabulous car, but the passenger side door strut crapped out completely & the drivers side was barely functional. I got a heads up on here about Alpha Wheels selling struts on eBay & that person recommended I use the 250 lb struts. I bought a pair, but they're not strong enough. To get out of the car takes 2 hands, one to unlatch the door handle, then the handle must be held open, while using the other hand to raise the door, which requires a fair amount of effort. This is a real PITA! I went back to Alpha Wheels on eBay, and purchased the next weight up, which was 300 lb. I was hoping this would do the trick, but these are SO powerful, they want to launch the doors into space!
Can anyone recommend a place I might get proper struts? The ones Ron Dolling used were a lot heavier duty than these, but were probably from somewhere in Canada. Ron's is the one on the top, with heavier cylinder & shaft. Alpha Wheels new ones on the bottom.