Author Topic: New member with a 2000 Diablo Kit from D&R  (Read 1330 times)

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
Re: New member with a 2000 Diablo Kit from D&R
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 04:15:04 PM »
hello and welcome

we have a section for the Diablo,several members have great builds in progress. A few are complete or near completion. 
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

Zigmarsk Customride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: New member with a 2000 Diablo Kit from D&R
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 02:40:15 AM »
 ::wave Hi, I just joined here.. See that I am not the only one who started to build Diablo in 2005, stopped to work on it in 2011, now thinking to start and finnish...Kitcentral dissapeared from web..

Lambo2005

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
New member with a 2000 Diablo Kit from D&R
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 07:53:00 AM »
 ::wave Hello. I am hoping to finally get back working on my very long project. I bought my D&R kit back in 2005 and worked on it pretty hard the first year or so. Already had a 1985 Fiero and had that stripped lengthened and reinforced for the kit body. I bought a Archies adapter kit to replace the V6 with a Chevy 350. But then I needed a bigger garage. The build was put on hold as a built an addition to my house and a larger garage. Then I got back at it and after having the engine in and mounted I decided I didnt want to do all this work and have a carbureted engine. I wanted a V8 but I also wanted a transmission and axles that could handle the V8. At that time the only FWD V8 I knew I could get cheap was a Cadillac DTS. So I started looking and found a 2007 with only 12k miles on it and it was rear ended enough to be totaled. I pulled my 350 back out of the car cut the entire rear frame out and built a tubular chassis to mount the Northstar engine cradel and all in the rear of my car.
Then with some other life changes the car was put in storage for about 5 years and just last year I finally bought a house where I built a pole barn and I finally have room again to get back on this life long dream. Anyway I used to be some other forums years ago and just dropped off the face for a while since I wasnt doing anything with the car. But I really hope to finally get it drivable. I have tubular A-arms up front by Held that are 4" wider than stock Fiero. Plus they use coil over shocks. The whole back end of the car is DTS engine/trans, suspension and brakes. The pan is still Fiero with reupholstered Fiero Seats and steering column.  I'm at the point I need to hook everything up. Fuel, Coolant, Brakes, and Electrical wiring. Back in the day I bought Lamborghini Replica wheels that have the Fiero bolt pattern and proper offset. However I'm rethinking that too so I may make a posting to sell those too. Figured this is the only place that I would find anyone interested in them.
I've gotten pretty far so hopefully I can help others here with questions and I look forward to reading and contributing. Thanks all
Rob-Diablo D&R kit