Author Topic: Neil's Aventador Build  (Read 10659 times)

Neils88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Neil's Aventador Build
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 06:15:25 PM »
Neil,
I think anything you do to try and bond that on as a removable piece will fail over time. This is because it is not held on by much and subject to a lot of wind force.

I would suggest cutting it off and then make a flange to bolt it to the rocker. After the flange is complete, pull a quick mold of the part and flange this way it is all one piece.

Thanks Glenn. You're probably right. I was hoping there was a quicker/easier solution but I guess I'll buckle down and do it properly.

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »
Neil,
I think anything you do to try and bond that on as a removable piece will fail over time. This is because it is not held on by much and subject to a lot of wind force.

I would suggest cutting it off and then make a flange to bolt it to the rocker. After the flange is complete, pull a quick mold of the part and flange this way it is all one piece.

Neils88

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:33:22 PM »
I would like to separate a trim piece that is part of a full panel, and then create the necessary mounting tabs so that it can be reattached after it is painted (it will be black while the rest of the panel will be white). However, I'm worried that the trim piece may experience high wind loads while driving that may result in the new fiberglass on the part delaminating and the trim piece being ripped off.

Does anyone know of the best way to do this?

I've attached a couple pics to show which trim piece I'm referring to.

Neils88

Neil's Aventador Build
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 07:59:06 PM »
Since I'm sure many people here don't follow my build thread on PFF, I figured I should start a build thread here as well.  I likely won't put a lot of detail here, but I will try to post pics to keep you all up to date on my progress.  The full build thread will remain at PFF:  http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/134807.html#p0