Author Topic: Aventador Radiators  (Read 53 times)

Neils88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 137
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Aventador Radiators
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 04:58:11 PM »
I looked at this issue for my 4.9 v8. I believe the dual core civic radiators supply the needed cooling (Series or parallel.... doesn't make any appreciable difference) with about 25% extra capacity (if I remember the numbers correctly). The triple core gives a little extra above that. When you look at the high output from performance modified civics, I think the performance triple core civic radiators are the way to go. Originally I had planned to use Jetta radiators, but they ended up being about 6" longer than I wanted forcing them to be angled too much to fit properly.

lambobuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
Aventador Radiators
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 02:32:39 PM »
Just got my Corvette 5.7L LS1. Looking at cooling solutions. A standard Corvette radiator has roughly 420 -446 sq inches of cooling surface area. Not sure of the cores. Dario used the Honda Civic race radiators including fans for his build but his engine was 4.8L Audi (if I remember correctly) and he does not live in Texas. Those radiators have (for two radiators) have cooling surface of 371 Sq inches. That is a dual core. They also come with triple core.
Looking for options.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3335191356516378 for pictures