Author Topic: Aventador wheels with C6 hubs  (Read 780 times)

lambobuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder

LP700-4

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 43
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Aventador wheels with C6 hubs
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 10:14:19 AM »
Thank you for the information. I just received my OEM wheels yesterday, they are the same as yours only in black. The front on these are the same 5 x 112mm as yours.

I did a little research and there are a lot of cars that use the 112 bolt pattern. Wonder what is the best way to determine if any fit the C5/C6 front spindles?? 

i do remember that Charlie had posted something about the lexus axle. For some reason I thought I remembered that it fit the corvette hubs, getting old so my memory might not be all that great anymore. I'll have to find that post to see if he gives the hub part number for the lexus axle and 120mm rear bolt pattern or if it fit the C6 version.

By the way, I have watched all your videos several times. lots of amazing information there and a great build! I need to create a youtube account so I can subscribe.

I just finished a custom chassis design that fits the aventador and uses the C6 suspension without the cradles. Waiting on quotes for the metal to come in now so I can purchase the metal needed. Still deciding if I want to do a photo build diary or a video like yours...

For my build I am using OEM panels or fiberglass copies of OEM panels. Still missing a few.

lambobuilder

• Lambobuilder
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 08:28:45 AM »
Because I am using the NAERC plans for my chassis, The front suspension called for the S10 hubs which I believe were standard Chevy bolt pattern. I had already purchased OEM wheels. Hindsight, should have looked for hubs with 5 x 112 pattern that fit Corvette spindles. My OEM wheels 5 x 112 front and 5 x 120 rear. I believe that is the only year (2012) where Lamborghini had different bolt pattern.  Because I am using the Lexus axles I was able to find a hub for the rear with that spline pattern that fits the hubs as well as bolts directly to my Audi Transaxle. My rear suspension is hand built. Covered in this YouTube video https://youtu.be/PPPyyzxz7q0

LP700-4

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
I redrilled my hubs to fit the 5 x 112 bolt pattern as well as milled out wheel to fit hub. Explained on my YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhnfu2T-nyU

Dale,
I see that you used the Acura front wheel hubs (HA590147) with the 120mm bolt pattern for the rear. Are these a direct bolt in to the C6 spindles or do they or the spindles need to be modified? This might be a better option than redrilling the rear C6 hubs

Thanks for the option for the front, I will have to decide if I want to go the adapter route or redrill the hubs and modify the front rims. Why did you use the S-10 hubs instead of the C6 hubs if you had to re-drill to 112mm either way? Cost of the hubs? Mine are from a low mileage C6 so I would hate to replace if I do not need to.

lambobuilder

• Lambobuilder
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 09:42:44 AM »
I redrilled my hubs to fit the 5 x 112 bolt pattern as well as milled out wheel to fit hub. Explained on my YouTube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhnfu2T-nyU

LP700-4

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 01:41:31 PM »
I spoke with Dario who is using the same hubs and he went with 1.5 " thick adapters. This is here for anyone else search for this information.

LP700-4

Aventador wheels with C6 hubs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 07:20:46 AM »
Hi all,

I am planning on using OEM Aventador rims with my C6 corvette suspension. I do not have the rims yet but my research shows the following:

• Rear Aventador bolt pattern 5x120
  • Rear Hub Center bore 70.1mm
  • The C6 has a 5x120.65, which might be okay or the hubs can be redrilled
  • The C6 Rear hub is 70.3mm. I should be able to turn the hubs to reduce to the 70.1mm
  • Front Aventador bolt pattern is 112mm. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Front hub center bore is 57.1mm
  • C6 bolt pattern is 5 x 120.65mm which should be able to be redrilled to 112?? Anyone know for sure?
  • The biggest issue is the C6 center bore is 70.3mm and there is not enough wall thickness to turn it down to 57.1mm

I have a few options that I can think of but has anyone actually done this?

Options:
1. Grind down the center hub flush with the rotor and use the lugs to center the rims
2. Buy 1" to 1-1/2" wheel adapters and adjust the frame for the additional 2" to 3" hub to hub distance
3. Grind down the center hub flush with the rotor and add an hub centric adapter inside the C6 hub to align the C6 hub to the Aventador rim.