Author Topic: 1977 FiberFab Aztec 7 (Alfa Romeo Bertone Carabo clone) for sale  (Read 843 times)

MusicCityMustang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
1977 FiberFab Aztec 7 (Alfa Romeo Bertone Carabo clone) for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 12:39:28 PM »

Here's the ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234013637250
Beautiful and unique build at a great price.
$8500 BIN.
Email: MusicCityMustang@aol.com
Cell: 615-556-1098
Jim

Description:

Rare 1977 Aztec 7 made by Fiberfab.  This car was  inspired by the Bertone Carabo, (pictured in green in this auction) an Alfa Romeo concept car of 1968. Production of the Aztec 7 started in the early 1970s. An estimated 400 copies were made. It's titled as a 1970 VW.

I just bought this, but found that itā€™s a little too much of a tight fit for me. Iā€™m 6 foot and 220 pounds. I fit, but I hurt my back in the Air Force, and itā€™s too hard for me to get in and out of.

This is possibly the nicest example youā€™ll find for the money. The paint is super nice. The interior looks very good. The body panels are surprisingly well-fitting for fiberglass. Iā€™ve driven it around town a few times in the past week, and itā€™s drawn thumbs up and smiles everywhere I go. Itā€™s an incredible looking, unique car! So if you want a conversation starter and want something no one else has at your local car shows, this is it!

It starts right up with an electric fuel pump. Engine sounds healthy. Transmission shifts from 1-4 well, and reverse works like it should. When you downshift into second, it grinds a little. Handles fine and brakes easily.

Undercarriage shows no serious rust that I could find, and the driverā€™s side has a drop pan to allow for a taller person.

Amazingly, it comes with the original FiberFab invoice and order paperwork from the late 1970s. All in excellent shape.

Comes with an open title in POā€™s name, as I didnā€™t see the point of titling and registering it if Iā€™m not going to keep it. If the new owner requests it, I will register and title it in my name; however, I have a signed bill of sale transferring ownership to me from previous owner, and he also signed the title appropriately so that itā€™s ready to be transferred to the next person.

Video of the car made by previous owner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Zmx95veRA

Article about the car: https://barnfinds.com/alfa-showcar-replica-1977-fiberfab-aztec-7/

I pulled the list of new stuff from the previous owner, and itā€™s listed below.

Rear view camera stays on, which makes an excellent rearview ā€˜mirrorā€ while driving.
Ā·         New Custom dash control knobs
Ā·         New GPS speedo
Ā·         New Sound / heat foam on inside of interior
Ā·         New door struts for easy gull wing door opening
Ā·         New Ball joints
Ā·         New steering damper
Ā·         New master cylinder
Ā·         Cheviot Hotwires wheels
Ā·         Carbon fiber style dash
Ā·         New instrument id lights
Ā·         New euro style mirrors
Ā·         New euro style steering wheel
Ā·         Overhead console and interior lighting (hooked up and works)
Ā·         Hidden pop up lights
Ā·         Front hood opens to reveal fuel tank, and wiper washer bag
Ā·         Rear deck raises up easily
Ā·         Gull wing doors operate easily
Ā·         All glass in excellent shape
Ā·         1600 cc VW motor and 4 speed manual trans
Ā·         Unknown actual miles