Author Topic: "Armitage"... the Digibeam build area  (Read 49103 times)

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
Re: "Armitage"... the Digibeam build area
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2014, 01:29:04 PM »
I "Have Purchased" the 2 OEM copies of the rear engine hatch hinges from Lambocars.
there is the picture posted above.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:07:45 PM by Digibeam »

Digibeam

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2014, 01:13:20 PM »
@Eddie
i have both Gallardo fuel cells in my build, that cap fits several of the Lamborghini body versions... Diablo, Murcielago, Gallardo.
problem was, having the filler neck and nothing to cover it with.
i will probably just buy a new one and be done with it as the gasket on a used one may not seat as well anyways and need replaced.

lambocars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 68
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-1
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »
hello, if you are looking for OEM parts, I have the hinges of the engine com

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2014, 11:40:05 AM »
hm never would have thought that'd be an issue, I know a screw on type cap from an Audi will fit a Honda, etc.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:43:28 AM by Tallon »

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
Btw that oem fuel cap may not fit your
Filler neck.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »
so i am looking around on the bay of E  and i come across a "used" version of a gas cap that i am looking for...
i am immediately entertained by the price of $369 US... geez  really? its just a gas cap...
i mean after all its the real deal right?...  well, before peeps get all excited one of the first things to check is what does the dealer sell it for? or the next best place Lambostuff...
a quick check shows me a "brand new never used cap" goes for $266.32 US  dealer price listed at $283.32....
its incredible what some people are willing to do to make a buck...i guess there are people out there that would jump because they believe its the deal of the century, but always, buyer beware and if in doubt always ask around... maybe someone has something you are looking for anyways for a better price and then you are just supporting your fellow builder rather than supporting someones yearly vacation....or over-priced Bay account product listings....
Thanks. This is a good reminder. I see this kind of thing so often myself. Everyone thinks what they have is gold and as such, eBay isn't always the best deal around. I have often found new items to be cheaper than eBay. Due diligence is the key!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2014, 07:30:39 AM »
so i am looking around on the bay of E  and i come across a "used" version of a gas cap that i am looking for...
i am immediately entertained by the price of $369 US... geez  really? its just a gas cap...
i mean after all its the real deal right?...  well, before peeps get all excited one of the first things to check is what does the dealer sell it for? or the next best place Lambostuff...
a quick check shows me a "brand new never used cap" goes for $266.32 US  dealer price listed at $283.32....
its incredible what some people are willing to do to make a buck...i guess there are people out there that would jump because they believe its the deal of the century, but always, buyer beware and if in doubt always ask around... maybe someone has something you are looking for anyways for a better price and then you are just supporting your fellow builder rather than supporting someones yearly vacation....or over-priced Bay account product listings....

Ha ha, I myself suffered from the same kind of musings last November , ( My item of choice was the Handbook and Wallet) .
This then led me to purchase said items  ::toothy , and to order some of the smaller items I need, and a few I wanted to see if they were worthwhile.
'Small' in this context means small & cheap ,and therefore Lambo  now only do these kind of items in minimum quantities .
So I have a few excess items which I will post up , and some new parts I can make an OEM Parts picture posting on.
Which leads me to the point ! , selective purchases , for example the 20 Roadwheel Bolts came in at £5.25 each which is far less than $10 S/H ( or very very very used looking).
Oooh , Red leather.

lambocars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 68
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-1
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
hello, if you are looking for OEM parts, I have the hinges of the engine compartment

Digibeam

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2014, 10:47:39 PM »

Digibeam

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 11:10:08 PM »
I am also happy to have these additions to my extended collection of OEM parts:

Digibeam

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2014, 11:02:40 PM »
Thanks Chris,  they will be heading out in a day or so. i am making a new set also, I just didnt like these ones at all.
here also is a console button panel for USMC_Butler, (long overdue) that is in mid-process, it still needs several steps before it is finished, then rings will be mounted and it will receive a final going over...

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2014, 09:25:17 PM »
Oh Wow!   :drool

Those are awesome looking.  Can't wait to see them in person!

Thanks,

Chris

Digibeam

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2014, 09:21:26 PM »
So attempting to get caught up i am pushing these carbon fiber parts through as fast as i can and bitching them up a bit in the process, but just the same here they are.
these are for our "Site Founder" Chris, and will do for now till i get some better ones made.

Digibeam

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »
@String,  do you have drawings of the handle assembly or the surround?  maybe it can be 3d printed then cast?  well for the surround part at least

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 03:55:37 PM »
I know murcieme's weren't right but thought for sure Watson's would be. http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/15683-ad-lp-640-build-25.html
Maybe String has more accurate drawings.
Are you widening the whole shoulder on the door and quarter? Would love to know an easy way to do that :o

Ah , yes , that is the link I was thinking of when I read this topic. That picture is the door handles I made ,using the lambo handle body , my handle and Audi door lock cylinder.
I did make a start on the link mechanism to the door catch using all automotive parts (adjustable), but got sidetracked at the moment..
Oooh , Red leather.