Author Topic: "Armitage"... the Digibeam build area  (Read 48145 times)

String

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-0
Re: "Armitage"... the Digibeam build area
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2015, 02:03:41 AM »
@ Purple.

I can assure you i had no intentions whatsoever to discourage any purchasers from your product, this thought did not even cross my mind, what i did was in fact display the oem part for all to see what it actually looks like along with the filler tube in the event that anyone had a curiosity, as well to see how closely your part looked to the oem from a different perspective.

Ok , from over here all I ever saw was -
Man A offers part for sale ...people see the part , like part and people buy the part . People are happy :)
Man B provides picture of component part fits onto , people like pictures . People are happy  :)

:-*
Oooh , Red leather.

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2015, 12:24:06 AM »
@ Purple.

I can assure you i had no intentions whatsoever to discourage any purchasers from your product, this thought did not even cross my mind, what i did was in fact display the oem part for all to see what it actually looks like along with the filler tube in the event that anyone had a curiosity, as well to see how closely your part looked to the oem from a different perspective.
i will also reinforce the fact that i had zero intentions of interfering with your sales as all i would have to do is make a mould of my own parts, cast several in a non-volatile, fuel safe material and offer them for $25 each plus shipping including cap fitment of buyers choice...
this i did not do....
and just to clarify, never did a mention "low low prices" for OEM.. this is a statement best reserved for Walmart etc.
Quote:
"In case anyone needs to see what the OEM fuel filler assembly looks like here it is, they are not very expensive to buy"
this isnt a war zone, i am not an enemy, and despite the single sided stories you may be persuaded with and the individuals that may suggest otherwise, i have no reason to contest you in any way...
i am sorry you think i would be so shallow, that is not who i am or who i would like to be.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2015, 06:35:46 AM »
No offense String, but I would not consider that cheap for a simple filler neck. You can buy brand new ones for next to nothing. Or use an existing one from your donor car, saying you are using a donor car! I've already spent a lot on my car and if I start going OEM on every single detail it will never see the light of day, and if it does it will easily surpass the price of a real one!
No problem , I was merely answering the question of the price.  I have no opinion of the cost one way or the other ,apart from seeing people selling s/h parts for more than new , but I think it is fair to say that there is a difference between inexpensive and cheap . :)
Oooh , donor car , I need to make a decision which way to go with mine.

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way String! I was simply trying to get an answer out of Digibeam as his post about the low low cost of OEM filler necks was rather conveniently, immediately, right after I had posted related parts for sale! Not sure what I did to deserve this but whatever. If that is the game that he wants to play that is fine! He thinks people amongst us are getting discounted parts and that is simply fabricated! If I buy multiple parts from someone to save on getting it from overseas, I will share the wealth with everyone! If parts can be traded, even better! But it's also a 2 way street. A successful trade requires a person to send something in exchange for goods they've received. I am on here to learn from others, and work with others to finish my car as an end result! I do not care to make a dime off this hobby as there is not much to make anyway. If others would like to have parts that I have, I will make sure they are available and hopefully others will do the same!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

String

« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2015, 04:50:04 AM »
No offense String, but I would not consider that cheap for a simple filler neck. You can buy brand new ones for next to nothing. Or use an existing one from your donor car, saying you are using a donor car! I've already spent a lot on my car and if I start going OEM on every single detail it will never see the light of day, and if it does it will easily surpass the price of a real one!
No problem , I was merely answering the question of the price.  I have no opinion of the cost one way or the other ,apart from seeing people selling s/h parts for more than new , but I think it is fair to say that there is a difference between inexpensive and cheap . :)
Oooh , donor car , I need to make a decision which way to go with mine.
Oooh , Red leather.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2015, 11:21:53 PM »
What deals are restricted to a select few? Please elaborate because I'd love to chop you off at the knees some more.  ::K

Digibeam

« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2015, 01:19:03 PM »
I bought the parts from a USA supplier, the cap was $100 and the filler neck was $125.
I don't find that to be the least bit expensive for an OEM part, considering its importance and frequency of use.
The level of integrity a person wants to put into their build is a personal thing...if in the end buying OEM parts only to have them never see the light of day after installation makes the builder content in knowing they have done so, then I for one am all for paying that price without counting the cost.
Doesn't mean I am not always looking for a deal, like anyone, but recent "deals" seem to be restricted to a select few.
What ever happened about the stainless tail pipes? Did you ever make them? That I am interested in.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

String

« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »

I could get a new one as shown for around £90 , or a second hand one for £200. ::duh
Oooh , Red leather.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2015, 07:19:46 AM »
You say not very expensive as in???

Digibeam

« Reply #179 on: January 31, 2015, 12:38:37 AM »
In case anyone needs to see what the OEM fuel filler assembly looks like here it is, they are not very expensive to buy.

Digibeam

« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2015, 08:54:31 PM »
Wow. January almost gone already !! Where does the time go?

Well, while I wait for some parts to assist me finishing my B Pillar area I have been catching up on a few other parts and fighting the cool shop which isn't really that bad. But not good for composite work just yet.

My good friend Eddie sent me a tracing of a valve cover from a diablo some time ago and just recently mentioned something about it in passing.
That was good timing, I had made the cad file but never got around to making it.
I don't really know why I wanted to make this version so bad but it just looks more interesting than the later versions I guess...
I also cut out the door latch support area and still need to bend that into the interesting ripple chip design,  more on that and installation of the B Pillar as I can move forward in that area.
Thanks for looking

Linlor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »
On another note,
I would like to thank Don (Linlor ) and Wayne for dropping by last Friday, it is always a pleasure to have a few experienced builders spend a few hours, chatting with and exchange ideas... Looking forward to seeing Don completing his present project in the very near future !
Also looking forward to future visits, and as always extend an invitation to anyone who is in the area to drop by.

Hey Digibeam;

Wayne and I had a great time talking projects with you and Mei.  We talked about the info we absorbed all the way back home.

I always enjoy seeing how others are making progress on their projects to kick me in the butt to get moving on mine...... :)  Thank you very much for the hospitality and when you are down my way, please make sure you stop in.  My garage isn't nearly as big or full of beautiful equipment as yours but it is heated..... :) haha

Mind you, for everyone else's benefit, our area is currently sitting at 10*C or about 45*F and sunny so cold is relative given a lot of the rest of North America is at or well under freezing right now......

Take care and keep going.
Don

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2015, 09:42:49 AM »
Great work Digibeam. You are an inspiration!
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2015, 07:37:55 AM »
The frame looks better than oem, or at least the one I bought.

Digibeam

« Reply #174 on: January 06, 2015, 09:32:33 PM »
On another note,
I would like to thank Don (Linlor ) and Wayne for dropping by last Friday, it is always a pleasure to have a few experienced builders spend a few hours, chatting with and exchange ideas... Looking forward to seeing Don completing his present project in the very near future !
Also looking forward to future visits, and as always extend an invitation to anyone who is in the area to drop by.