Author Topic: Has anyone heard of carkitmaker.com?  (Read 4922 times)

madmods

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Has anyone heard of carkitmaker.com?
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 06:12:30 AM »
Mike Vetter is the most legit builder in the US.
Keep dreaming-I'm sweating, glassing, welding and building every night!
Gagliardi Vendetta
Vetter Carrera Gt
Vetter Lp 640

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »
Probably they threatened to sue him after they sued Jackie

jw9800

• Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »
It looks like the carkitmaker.com website has been suspended. I think these guys are out of business. So much for my plans of getting a base build.

jw9800

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »
Thanks everyone. I am thinking about getting a partially finished one form them and completing the rest myself. I'm not a big fan of those tail lights in the unpainted video (first video). I think the lens needs to be red for the whole thing.

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 10:12:15 AM »

So they are the only legit kit building company in the USA ?
[/quote]

They are not the only builders in the U.S.   Like Jamak said, legit may not be the best choice of word I used.   Personally, I don't know if there are any reliable and steady kit car builders here. 

All I wanted to say is about Carkitmaker.    I know they were building.  My nearby friend ordered a rolling chassis with stretch and motor done from them and they delivered as promised for the price agreed.  I don't know how many if any kits they have completed.   I however don't know if they are still in business since no new videos or work from them has been popping up. 
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 09:20:19 AM »
This is legitably setting in front of my house, it was built by a reputable builder, they are located in Italy .
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 10:01:38 AM by jamack »

jamack

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 08:32:47 AM »
LEGIT in the kit car industry?????? not sure that term can legitably be used in this business, to many hacks and then the guys that can do the job, well I'll just say there is a reason that the KIT CAR industry doesn't exist, Carlise had two complete Diablos and one incomplete chassis, been around this business my whole life and I can 1,000% tell you there is a reason I never built a car until my son talk me into it and I CAN SAY WITHOUT ANY doubt I will never build another one, save your money and build a street rod in 30 years I have never lost a dime in building buying and selling those cars.

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:32:59 AM »
I personally met with these guys.  Although I cant remember the builders name.   The shop is located just a few miles down the road from CKI.  They were in fact building 2 Mercy 2's when I went and working on one of the Ferrari kits.  The facility was a bit crude and was more like a automotive repair garage, but they did in fact have builds going.   Like IKR said, they do installs to whatever degree youre willing to pay for.   Dont know the quality of their work, I didnt get to see a finished one by them.   You would have to do more research.  But they were legit from what I saw.
So they are the only legit kit building company in the USA ?

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 12:13:07 AM »
I personally met with these guys.  Although I cant remember the builders name.   The shop is located just a few miles down the road from CKI.  They were in fact building 2 Mercy 2's when I went and working on one of the Ferrari kits.  The facility was a bit crude and was more like a automotive repair garage, but they did in fact have builds going.   Like IKR said, they do installs to whatever degree youre willing to pay for.   Dont know the quality of their work, I didnt get to see a finished one by them.   You would have to do more research.  But they were legit from what I saw. 
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:11:06 PM »
they work for or with carkitinc , using their products ,they do rough installs to any stage you would like ,some builder get their V8 rough installs, paint them and sell them as their own. they have several video showing customer,s picking up their rough install   

lamborghini replica uc

lamborghini replica NO TOP
guy talking is carkitmaker
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:19:30 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

jw9800

Has anyone heard of carkitmaker.com?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »
I did a search on here and didn't find much. I just want to know if they are legit as they seem to be making a lot of cars?