Author Topic: OEM AD LP640 body $1,000 bucks! on ebay in North Carolina  (Read 2286 times)

satinta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: OEM AD LP640 body $1,000 bucks! on ebay in North Carolina
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
I guess he doesn't care about his Eflay score.  That's not cool.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »
Yes that's the story I got from him also. Seems to be legit enough and his primary builds are reverse trikes similar to the Compegna T-Rex. I asked him about several interior parts and he seems to have everything. Hopefully soon I will be able to order a center console from him. If anybody orders before I get a chance post up so we have some sort of feedback. I invited him to the forum but don't know if he will make it or not.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 07:05:31 PM »
Don't get too excited guys I got the 411 on this.

I got hold of "Tom" at the number in the auction. He isn't selling a body kit for $1,000. You know what they say...if it is too good to be true, it usually is.

DISCLAIMER: The following is what he told me. I'm not saying it is true, it is just what he told me.

He said this is his site: http://www.2000kits.com/

Here is the deal, he is just trying to get some advertizing exposure for this kit. He claims he is the ONLY one out there to have everything including door jams and all interior pieces. He said John Watson is done with making LP640 parts. He said Watson let him use his molds for some of the pieces and he actually has "half" of Watson's molds sitting in his shop right now. He said LamboJayso will never be able to get the Watson molds at this point. He said LamboJayso did offer to buy the molds from Watson at one point but he never came through with the money so the deal never materialized.

I think this may be the same seller "tommy". He said he paid $14K for a roadster engine cover part, splashed it and resold it. He said he has been buying real Murcielago parts that didn't come in the Watson kit and splashing those too so he is able to offer this complete kit. He said Cliff's kit is not this complete either.

He never gave me an actual price of what he wants for the kit. He said that would depend on which pieces someone wanted. He threw around the figure of $8K-$9K and said that wasn't an unreasonable price for a kit like this but he didn't actually commit to a price.

There it is. True or not, this is the info I got.

I plan to keep his contact info. Who knows what I am going to end up doing. I wish this business wasn't so sketchy. *sigh*

Mike
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:10:40 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
This appears to be a combination of parts in the pictures.  If anyone is considering buying these parts, they should check if this is a full body or just the LP640 upgrade parts.  The rockers (in the aqua green color) appear to be from Watson.  The black parts seem to have been made by someone else (maybe the seller Tommy). 

He might be selling this because he has splashed these panels and they serve no other use to him and he's trying to recoup a little money from his investment.  Tommy is a legit seller and he was the only one for a long time that had the molds to make an accurate (OEM splashed) LP640 roadster engine cover.

Chris
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:41:44 PM by No Bull »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:37:39 PM by am33r »

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
I don't see where it is listed as an AD body, although I don't know of anyone else who splashes from an original body.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 05:55:34 PM »
I would so get this if it wasn't in the furthest part of the country from me. I have thought about it but it is just to expensive and time consuming for me on such short notice. Too bad, that is such a great deal! I hope someone on the forum gets it.

I called but there was no answer. The phone number would also not allow voicemail.

I see he also sold a NAERC chassis and body for less than $200 over a year ago. Sounds fishy to me. Maybe I'll send him a text to see what the deal really is.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:06:38 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 05:17:38 PM »
Did you call him yet?
Pedro

usmc_butler