Author Topic: Sneak peek of my Diablo Roadster~  (Read 7981 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Sneak peek of my Diablo Roadster~
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »
Ok, that makes sense, I was wondering why you'd left it uncoated and wanted you to see what it might look like.

You shouldn't have any stone chips with that coating, so years of worry free driving.  :D 

Chris

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »
no bull- i want to do the rear bumper but the heat from the exhaust tips isnt good for the plasti-dip. It will melt it pretty quick! I have a plan to add a heat shield on the bumper then dip the bumper.

I sprayed the rims and the lower part of the car with spray cans to see if I was going to like it. I just ordered a spray gun for the plasti-dip (plus 5 gallons of metillac dip) so Im going to do the rear bumper with the gun.

The old paint right above the exhaust tips bubbled up from the heat, I got a piece of stainless steel that Im going to have powered coated black and put above the tips to protect the paint/plasti-dip....

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Pure awesomeness

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »
Have you thought about coating the rear bumper also?

Looking good!  ::thumbup

Chris

tonypaul

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »
Tony.... Looking really nice...... Just curious about your side mirrors, they look off or smaller, Are they standard mirrors that came with you body? I am thinking it is the black paint that makes them look smaller (in the pic at least) I was thinking about putting CF mirror shells on my Roadster. Whose kit do you have. (I have a Top Gun body and the doors are not exact so the window just doesn't fit driver side but does the passenger side, in mine it is the curvature of the door that is off)
By the way the wheels are too black I would consider silver outer ring or something similar on the rims just to pop the black color.... Just my humble opinion...

Awesome Roadster...... Very nice job (can't wait to get there my self)
CCIE
The kit is a DnR and the mirrors came with the kit, I think the mirrors may look smaller due to the black paint. They are mounted a little lower than normal, I have almost knocked them off a few times so I have had to redo them a few times.

The wheels look really dark due to that side of the car being in the shade in the pic, they are really not dark to the eye. Im going to be applying silver metillac plasti-dip to the upper part of the car once I get the turbo on. Having the silver paint and the chrome rims for a couple years I just want something different looking....

Im not sure why the windows are different in thickness, they both came from APG. I got the first set like 2 years ago and I built the frames and channels to fit those. Someone was selling these brand new APG roadster glass so I bought them just to have them. When I painted the car I decided to change them out cause the tint on the orginal windows was looking bad. The new windows are thicker so they wont fit in my channels with out alot of work. Im just going to take the orginal windows done and have those retinted and put them back in and put the new ones in storage....
Thanks for the comments!!!

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
Tony.... Looking really nice...... Just curious about your side mirrors, they look off or smaller, Are they standard mirrors that came with you body? I am thinking it is the black paint that makes them look smaller (in the pic at least) I was thinking about putting CF mirror shells on my Roadster. Whose kit do you have. (I have a Top Gun body and the doors are not exact so the window just doesn't fit driver side but does the passenger side, in mine it is the curvature of the door that is off)
By the way the wheels are too black I would consider silver outer ring or something similar on the rims just to pop the black color.... Just my humble opinion...

Awesome Roadster...... Very nice job (can't wait to get there my self)
CCIE

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 12:04:26 PM »
Looking very nice!   I like the scheme.   
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

tonypaul

Sneak peek of my Diablo Roadster~
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
As with almost any of my projects this quick "repaint" has snowballed into a larger project. I havnt had a lot of time to work on the car, my business has been swapped and alot of family things going on.....

I have recovered alot of the interior with black suede, redone alot of little things that needed addressed. The repaint came out pretty good but I had a couple small "boo-boo's" with the buffer going thru the paint. I was buffing at night since is been so freakin hot and couldnt see what I was doing....

I forgot who I purchased these APG roadster windows from but they are a little different than the ones I had. I had them professionally tinted while they were still out of the car and went to install them and they are thicker than my other ones. The passenger side fits but is slow going up and down due to the felts in the tracks, the drivers wont fit at all. So Im going  to have to put in my old ones~~ bummer....

The bottom half of the car and the rims are plasti-dipped. I wasnt sure if I was going to like it but its growing on me.... I still have alot of little things do, and a whole lot of cleaning. Maybe in another week or two it "should" be done.....