Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 200647 times)

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #534 on: April 12, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »
I then created some mounting plates for my front hood and rear engine lid latches from some material I had lying around! These should be easy to mount to the chassis once everything is aligned where it should be!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2018, 10:33:18 PM »
Still waiting on some rear hinges for my rear engine lid but went forward with attaching my strut mounts and catch!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #532 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:20 PM »

Havemurci

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 89
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #531 on: April 11, 2018, 06:50:17 PM »
Nice work as always.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #530 on: April 11, 2018, 04:26:07 PM »
Got my latches for the front hood and rear engine bonnet! I was only able to find one striker so I had to make one for the rear myself! I was able to turn an old bolt using my knee mill and a boring bar to the correct diameter, I then used a piece of square tubing and washers to create one!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2018, 05:03:57 PM »
Found a pic of the actual car my bumper came off of prior to the damage! Doesn't look to bad but will take some work to make it look more 670!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #528 on: April 06, 2018, 04:46:57 PM »
Thanks Auto, this is how it turned out after putting it all together! Not to shabby!!!  ::bounce

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #527 on: April 06, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
Great job bud, I used that same technique on my axles.
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #526 on: April 05, 2018, 05:48:12 PM »
Lengthening my axles was another fun task but required to eliminate those wheel adapters. I cut the axles fish mouthed some tubing to get some more strength from my welds, placed the sleeve over the axle with a spacer to keep them spaced properly. I then tacked it all together while cutting 2 keyway on opposite sides of the shaft at least a quarter inch into the shaft. I then welded both ends and keyways to create a strong axle.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #525 on: April 04, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »
Next up was lengthening the lower arms. I made some stainless extensions to bolt through the existing holes while moving the ball joints to there preferred location, I may weld to add strength or change this thought in the future as I'm not 100% convinced this was the best way to go about it. I also made some spacers from thick walled tubing to move the rear linkage out the desired distance and eliminate some of the bump steer.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #524 on: April 04, 2018, 05:57:35 PM »
I decided it was time to get rid of these ridiculous spacers I was using to mock up the body and get things done properly. I started by making some rear strut to knuckle adapters. Although not ideal I had some large chunks of aluminum laying around which is what I used to make these.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #523 on: March 29, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »
Here is how they turned out in the end, I'm exceptionally happy with them and how they fit to the wing!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #522 on: March 28, 2018, 10:13:50 PM »
Being as picky as I can be at times I wanted aluminum uprights for my wing, I knew I wasn't gonna be able to get them made the way I wanted them so I started making them myself! I started by cutting an MDF template, roughed them out of a piece I had lying around on the bridgeport, milled them to proper thickness, and then trimmed them up with a trim router! Lots of setups and time went into the making of these  :o
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 10:58:43 PM by Purple LP670 SV »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #521 on: March 27, 2018, 06:01:16 PM »
Another great grouping of parts I received from my good buddy :) I finally got my 670 hatch, quarter glass buckets, and replica front hinges!!! Absolutely amazing parts and will be a huge help!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #520 on: March 27, 2018, 05:44:43 PM »
I plan to pull it apart and reinforce the entire thing, this bumper had what should be very minimal damage but it shows all over as it was very thin! I will wait till I'm further along so I can make slight changes to get it closer to the 670!