Author Topic: Anybody have pics of a Diablo Roadster that has been vinyl wrapped?  (Read 5060 times)

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
Re: Anybody have pics of a Diablo Roadster that has been vinyl wrapped?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 10:20:35 PM »
two guys are usually needed, one to tack and the other to hold the rest up till it needs to be placed, as well to hold the flame and various things for quick and easy reach instead of putting them down and tripping on them, kicking them under the car etc.
i passed the info along and i will post the reply i get in regards to your rear quarter section.

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
I just finished wrapping my removable roof on my roadster with the brushed wrap, it looks freaking awesome! I wish I would have done the wrap before I repaintd it the second time.

I started with the roof figuring it and the front hood would be the most easy to do. But it was tough doing it by myself, wrapping is definitely a 2 or 3 person job. After watching a few "how to" videos on youtube I know now why they always had a few guys doing it.

Im going to try to do the front hood tomorrow afternoon and if its still light outside I will take a couple pics and post them....

eddie

• Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 04:43:34 PM »
My Cuz in FL got his Tesla wrapped in and less then six months start to fade a bit ( discoloring ) oh it's Blue flat. and yes the company in Miami does lot of cars . maybe the heat ??

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
i will have my guy contact you about it,  he does all the exotic cars around here and will be wrapping my build also when it gets done... if ever....

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
Anybody have pics of a Diablo Roadster that has been vinyl wrapped?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 03:29:44 PM »
I just got a 5ft x 100ft roll of brushed silver vinyl wrap, I just dont see a way to apply the wrap in one piece in the highlighted area. Im sure Im gonna have to make it 2 pieces but Im not sure where would be best to have the seam. I searched for pics online and couldnt find any decent pics of a wrapped roadster to see what others have done.

Thanks~