Author Topic: NEED HELP "RE-FINDING" THESE SEATS  (Read 6781 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: NEED HELP "RE-FINDING" THESE SEATS
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »
LP640,
   I do not know if they will fit a G28, I am saying that the Scat seat is the smallest dimensionally that a long search has found and that they have the best chance of any to fit. Compare the dimensions given to your car and see. 
Tallon,
   I have never heard of a fully articulated racing seat and cannot imagine what sanctioning body would allow such a thing, especially covered in flammable material. Are you sure that you are looking at the Sportsman Pro on procarbyscat.com? If so, I am not sure what it is supposed to be similar to, I thought size was the issue here.

satak44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
As for fitment, they should come in different sizes...The particular one i chose was for a GMC...Im sure they come in several sizes.  Just looking for a manufacturer
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:50:49 PM »
I don't see any similarities in that seat... looks like any other jdm racing seat
unless it's just not showing the seat you're talking about
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:53:06 PM by Tallon »

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 08:24:36 PM »
would they fit in a g28?
Siteupp.com

76mx

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »
Matrix is tunedbymatrix.com and Scat is procarbyscat.com . You want the Sportsman Pro Series. Click the link to dimensions, compare it to others, and you will see what I mean. I am an OEM buyer for Scat and Matrix but the freight kills my ability to sell them and make any profit. Summit has Scat and with their shipping policies you are better off there.

satak44

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
I did not realize that this was a separate thread with the same question when I replied to it over on the build thread. Probably should have done it here instead of stepping on the build thread, my bad and apologies. I just saw the info about Diablo sizes and that is what I was saying about the Scat seats. There are some other series of seats that Matrix has which are a little smaller but still do not fit as well as the Scat seats. Regardless of model of build, like RT said height is critical as well, and most are just too tall as well as too wide. That Scat seat is a good combination of looks, style, and size. Believe me I have spent plenty of hours on this and that is the ONLY viable solution that I have been able to find.

Do you have a link to any of them?

Thanks

76mx

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »
I did not realize that this was a separate thread with the same question when I replied to it over on the build thread. Probably should have done it here instead of stepping on the build thread, my bad and apologies. I just saw the info about Diablo sizes and that is what I was saying about the Scat seats. There are some other series of seats that Matrix has which are a little smaller but still do not fit as well as the Scat seats. Regardless of model of build, like RT said height is critical as well, and most are just too tall as well as too wide. That Scat seat is a good combination of looks, style, and size. Believe me I have spent plenty of hours on this and that is the ONLY viable solution that I have been able to find.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:34:31 PM »
satak44…
I am building a Diablo.  Those seats would NOT fit.
Those seats are 22" wide, 22" front to back, and 37" high.
The seats can't be much wider than 19".
Front to back at 22" COULD be OK depending on your build.
The 37" high would be into the roof.  Mine are about 33" high.  Think about this: ground clearance = 5".  Top of body = 42".  42" minus 5" ground clearance = 37".  You could not even tilt the seat far enough to make it fit.
Measure first before you buy seats.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

satak44