Author Topic: Countach bodies?  (Read 12222 times)

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
Re: Countach bodies?
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 05:49:53 PM »
Seriously, the window is too large to roll the entire window down? It looks a lot like the Murcielago window.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 05:26:29 PM »
   Thank you Digibeam and I will keep you posted. After my lesson today, I actually think I can run that machine.
   Bigpines and Tallon, here is what we have in mind for the windows. I agree that the original style window is rather useless, especially in a see and be seen car, but options are scarce. The angle of the window prevents most other possibilities, and the fixed window also pretty well defeats any targa top idea. If I have a complaint about a Countach, it would be that it was never made in a roadster.
   Let me attempt to explain the solution that I am working on. First, picture a window that is split vertically down the middle, that line parallel to the front a-pillar. Now the entire back leaf of the glass slides forward behind the front fixed leaf. I have played with this, it does not look like a motorhome, it actually looks good. One problem is solved now that the window is full height and big enough to be a window.
   Next, picture a t-top like an old Trans Am but connected at the top of the door so that the door and t-top are one piece, looking much like a GT-40 door but hinged like a Lambo. Another problem solved as entry and exit now has much more room. Now here is the cool part. I have linear actuators for the power window which allows me to place all of the mechanism in the very top of the door. Picture a cut line at the body line just below the bottom of the window. Now when the t-top comes off, the window and frame comes with it and this whole piece stores in the trunk. The top and bottom door pieces are connected with standard convertible hardware.
   I have worked on this but do not have a finished model, but I think my theory is sound.   

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 08:38:40 PM »
im still in,  sounds good, keep the updates and let me know when it will be ready to take a look at.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »
76mx thanks for answering my question about the countach body.  Its good to know that those bodies are available.  If you don't mind PM me a pic or two of the countach body when you get a chance.

Thanks
Mike

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »
Pretty exciting stuff. I think your prices sound awesome. With prices like that, the chance of your body getting splashed is greatly reduced. Keep us updated.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:02:43 PM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

76mx

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
   Chris, thank you for that info, let me now answer some questions without the haste. Notnilc20, here is a rear shot. My technical ability has about caught up with Flavio's design ability and this is the final design that we hope to go with. Notice in this pic that the headlights are an old design that he was trying to dumb down for me.
   Digibeam, I will sell a body kit consisting of the body, glass, and front and rear lights. I hope to keep the cost of this at $12,000. I have always been in awe of Fran's bodies at RCR and how his molds are so perfectly flawed that the gelcoat can be used as the finished paint. We use the same process on the tubs that we build and believe that we have the ability to produce a body with such a quality finish as well. Even if you do not want a stock gelcoat color as a finish color, providing a body that is ready to scuff and paint is a big deal to me.
   Bigpines and Tallon, I have some news on the windows that I think will make you both happy but it is going to be a detailed discussion. I will post it in the next few days. And LP670Mike, I do have that 5000 Countach body kit, $6,500 with the rear wing.   

satinta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »
Me too,
It's my current wallpaper.

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »
Drool. Love that design. Got any rear end teaser shots?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:40:25 AM by notnilc20 »

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »
NICE!

satinta

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 03:15:13 PM »
Or just get a Motorola RAZR phone and talk all of your posts like I'm doing right now...

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 03:01:14 PM »
To avoid losing paragraphs if you ever have a feeling it may get lost just copy it first so you can paste it later

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 10:42:55 AM »
   In the past, when I have tried to make a post of several paragraphs, it will tell me that I must be logged in to perform that, even though it says at the top that I still am. When I log out and back in, sometimes it saves all of it, sometimes some, and sometimes none. It never occurred to me that I might be the only one experiencing this. It is not a big deal and not a criticism. It is at the bottom of my concerns. I deal with it by logging off after browsing and back on before any post, then typing with my two fingers as fast as I can, and limiting my post to a few paragraphs. I wanted to give a detailed answer to the window question which would be several paragraphs as well as answer other questions but did not want to risk having to do it twice. Thank you again for this Forum.

I've seen some instances that the browser settings may not hold the user / login information because it's told not to or it's told not to accept and store the cookie.  If also seen differences with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.  My guess is that either someone or one of your applications has changed your browser settings and this is messing with your sessions.  The good thing is that you can easily put everything back to default mode (if you want to) by going into the settings section in the browser and clicking on "Set back to default".

Hope this helps

Chris

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »
Charley,  you need to set up a web site or maybe a facebook page and just post all of your information there and put a link to it here.

76mx

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 09:20:08 PM »
   In the past, when I have tried to make a post of several paragraphs, it will tell me that I must be logged in to perform that, even though it says at the top that I still am. When I log out and back in, sometimes it saves all of it, sometimes some, and sometimes none. It never occurred to me that I might be the only one experiencing this. It is not a big deal and not a criticism. It is at the bottom of my concerns. I deal with it by logging off after browsing and back on before any post, then typing with my two fingers as fast as I can, and limiting my post to a few paragraphs. I wanted to give a detailed answer to the window question which would be several paragraphs as well as answer other questions but did not want to risk having to do it twice. Thank you again for this Forum. 

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 07:53:28 PM »
I will address windows and other issues brought up but I will stop for now before this thing kicks me off and this vanishes.

??????   ::scratch