Author Topic: OEM E-gear tear down  (Read 1641 times)

dratts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: OEM E-gear tear down
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
I still have some unused switches in the panel to the left of the steering wheel, but my linear actuator is only capable of three positions so that option won't work for me.  What I probably will do is use one of those switches to disable the linear actuator so that my passenger or me won't accidentally hit the park or reverse while I'm driving down the road.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »
I will probably be changing my gear selector on the E-gear. From what I have been told is Reverse is on the 5 button switch to the left of the steering column. So I will prob end up with Park,. Neutral & Drive/Manual (paddle shifter) on the E-Gear plate.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »
I'm hoping I can do that with my tiptronic audi

dratts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »
That's exactly what I did! The three console buttons left to right.  Park, reverse and manual/drive.  I used the tap shift wheel that came with my GXP drive train and jury rigged the lambo paddles to it.  A real lambo owner would spot it right off, but there aren't very many of those here.  The people who see the paddles are suitably impressed.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
OEM E-gear tear down
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:38:07 PM »
Well got a bag of goodies off of a wrecked LP640 and this E-gear was in the mix. Very easy to do, 5 screws and your in. Get some good buttons and your back in business. I personally plan to make this my Park, Reverse and Drive then use may paddles to go between 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Drive...