Author Topic: Murcialago Newbie Needs Help!  (Read 1394 times)

Jets303

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 148
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
Re: Murcialago Newbie Needs Help!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »
Welcome to the club bud! I could help you with the doors if you felt like bringing me your car (Colorado). I have made a set of functional doors for my murc replica back in 2014 (ish). I just finished building a working window on my Aventador and let me tell you, the murc door is breeze compared to this door! My car is going to the body shop for a month and half so I'll have some time.

Do you have door glass already?

To build functional motorized windows, door tracks, door latches, re-fiberglassed and bodyworked etc. You would be around $2,500 per door.

Assuming your hinge and interior frame work are good.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 03:56:33 AM »
welcome to the forum ,it appears some great advise has been given already. battery first, a/c next ,windows will require major door surgery to complete.   
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »
This plan is probably a workable solution at present (but definitely NOT THE BEST IN MY OPINION).
Are you married?  Do you have a mortgage on your house?  Are your credit cards maxed out?
Hire a lawyer, divorce, find a young very knowledgeable mechanic who has a finished Lambo replica, marry his sister, rob a bank.  When you get out of prison, your Murcie should be done but at that age you may not be able to get into the driver's seat ;-)

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Neils88

• Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
I would recommend you checking out the guys at PFF, Pennock's Fiero Forum. There may be a few Fiero guys in your area who could help you with some of the drivabilty issues. At heart, your car is still a Fiero. Remember to just deal with one issue at a time.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 03:07:48 PM »
Welcome to the club!!!
If you cannot do it yourself you will wind up getting screwed, trust me man... been there done that!!!! Tis is the world we live in
Replicas are filled with empty promises and lots of headaches and pain... I have several....   Google and the replica brothers on the build forums are your best friend.

"Of course I dont want to spend an arm and a leg, but I really really want to bring the car up to a level that i can drive it"
By the way you are correct it won't cost you "an arm and a leg" It will cost you both arm, both legs both eyes and your first born. Get ready for the shock!!!!! every mechanic will see this project as there sugar daddy uhmmm livelihood, uhmmm LAMBORGHINI uhmmm "a restoration project" so get ready to pay out ya ARS.......
simple thing as AC clutch replacement will cost ya because "its all custom" Hopefully you can find someone with some integrate that can work on it without looking at it as there retirement.
I wish you the best in finding your unicorn!!!!! Don't get me wrong they are out there but almost impossible to find.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 03:18:28 PM by CCIE »

MurciMan97

• Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 12:31:10 PM »
MurciMan97, welcome to the club. 
First, where are you located? There may be a few near you that might be able/ willing to help or provide guidance.
Second, I think a few of your needs are going to be rather expensive, for example the windows are going to require quire a bit of work ie expensive.  The AC shouldnt be hard to solve, I would replace the factory with aftermarket.
The battery drain can be found like this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjR_83Xurb0AhXgnGoFHb6lAE4QtwJ6BAgJEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzdIKNnwEjIs&usg=AOvVaw20TtL1sjEtUN0WCYQu79FB

the power steering can be fixed by adding the prius steering column....

If it were me I would attack them in the order of importance/ need

Hi thanks for replying. I'm in Memphis, TN. I really dont have the time or skill to do the work myself, thats why I'm looking to outsource. I dont even have any idea of the associated costs, just off the top of your head, what do you think my list may cost? Of course I dont want to spend an arm and a leg, but I really really want to bring the car up to a level that i can drive it, and I think that will be cheaper than buying a new sports car, or at least I hope it will..lol Let me know what you think, thank you.

MurciMan97

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 12:25:55 PM »
If you find someone to do ALL the work on the list it will likely cost...a lot...  If you don't mind learning to do work yourself then you might be able to make some progress. But it's your money/ budget and your comfort level.

I would suggest that you prioritize your list and then just tackle one problem at a time. Ignore cosmetic issues for now. Probably want to solve the battery drain problem first.... get it running properly first.

Let us know the first thing you want to tackle

Thank for your input. When I tell you I have NO skill I mean it..lol I also dont really have time to do it myself because i have to travel for my job so I'm literally only home 3-4 days at a time and I have other things i have to do. Before I traveled a friend and I worked on the car and did as much as we possibly could and when he ran out of ideas we got to a stand still. I will definetly priortize the list though and consensus is that battery drain is first on the list..lol

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 10:37:47 AM »
MurciMan97, welcome to the club. 
First, where are you located? There may be a few near you that might be able/ willing to help or provide guidance.
Second, I think a few of your needs are going to be rather expensive, for example the windows are going to require quire a bit of work ie expensive.  The AC shouldnt be hard to solve, I would replace the factory with aftermarket.
The battery drain can be found like this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjR_83Xurb0AhXgnGoFHb6lAE4QtwJ6BAgJEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzdIKNnwEjIs&usg=AOvVaw20TtL1sjEtUN0WCYQu79FB

the power steering can be fixed by adding the prius steering column....

If it were me I would attack them in the order of importance/ need

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 10:22:23 PM »
I agree with Neil, it would cost more than it's worth to have someone do all of that for you.  Some of those items are big fabrication jobs that should have been done the right way when the car was built.  I'd just tackle the a/c, electrical, and door popper problems and enjoy the rest as is.

Neils88

• Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 07:58:01 PM »
If you find someone to do ALL the work on the list it will likely cost...a lot...  If you don't mind learning to do work yourself then you might be able to make some progress. But it's your money/ budget and your comfort level.

I would suggest that you prioritize your list and then just tackle one problem at a time. Ignore cosmetic issues for now. Probably want to solve the battery drain problem first.... get it running properly first.

Let us know the first thing you want to tackle

MurciMan97

Murcialago Newbie Needs Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 07:18:03 PM »
 ::wave Hello everyone, I just found this forum today and I hope you guys can give me the guidance that I need. I have a Murcialago Replica built on a stretched Fiero Chassis that I bought about 15 years ago. I had no idea what I was getting into when I bought the car, and I have pourse tons of money in it over the years trying to make it into a functional, "normal" car that I can drive. Ive had good times in it and bad, and I eventually stopped driving it because it seemed like there was always a problem one way or another, batter drain, ac going out, leaks, just something and its a real pain when it stops on me somewhere because of course everyone is circling taking pictures. I put it in storage about 5 years ago and I havent had the desire to try to get the needed repairs/mods until now.

The main issues I have with the car are:
1. The Doors have door poppers, but the only way to lock the doors is to cut the power to the car completely. Last I checked the door poppers had gone completely out so I couldnt even open the doors..smh I just want to be able to lock and unlock the doors like a regular car
2. The windows are either in or out, they dont go up and down like regular car windows. I want regular windows that go up and down..lol
3. No power steering. I know Fieros didnt have it, but I am willing to do a complete engine swap and whatever else is necessary to get power steering
4. AC stopped working, it worked before, probably the compressor
5. Batter kept draining. I had an electrical guy do some repairs a long time ago and he told me that whoever built the car did a sloppy job with the wiring and he removed a lot of extra wiring but still did not find the cause of the battery drain
6. Interior could use a few upgrades. I changed out the dash with custom guages, but there are still a few Fiero components that I would like to make look more modern
7. Manual shift. I dont mind that but the gear is tough to move so I would like to fix that as well.

My biggest problem is that I dont have the skill to do any of the repairs myself, and I cant find anyone qualified that can take on the project and really get the work done. Do you all have any recommendations? In a perfect world, I could just ship the car to a qualified shop, we agree on the price of everything I am asking to get done, and they complete the work and receive payment for services. Thanks for reading, any comments and suggestions will be well received.