Author Topic: notnilc20's Mercy4 build  (Read 22078 times)

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: notnilc20's Mercy4 build
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 11:35:32 PM »
Just got my knock off GoPro camera in.  It's actually an SJ5000 made in China.  It does pretty well.  says it's got a 170 degree wide lens, so it is great for shooting the car, however, it's so wide it sort of fish eyes at the edges, but that's ok, it's really supposed to be an HD action camera.  Not bad for $70 shipped off ebay.  Here are a couple test pics in crappy lighting.

notnilc20

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 11:06:49 PM »
Do you have a lot of space between the sill and your seats?  I will be using copies of the OEM pieces that go there but I don't know how well those would fit for your kit.

Hey Autopro,

sorry it took so long to get back.  I am in the process of making something for myself right now.  It is coming along well.  If this fails, I will see about purchasing something and then modifying it to fit my car.  Thanks.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »
Do you have a lot of space between the sill and your seats?  I will be using copies of the OEM pieces that go there but I don't know how well those would fit for your kit.
Pedro

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 09:24:22 AM »
Just thought i'd add an inspiration pic, albeit a bit dusty from working on the door panels. Anyone notice my 3 rear louvers on the rear hatch? I just wanted to do something a bit different than the oem version. What do you think? On a post note, i'm ready for summer.
Very nice work Notnilc
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 07:28:26 PM »
there is a trim panel that fit their, you may have to modify them to fit your donor car, not sure if they will fit like they do in the fiero
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

notnilc20

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 07:13:14 PM »
Hey guys i wanted to get some ideas on what i should do for the space between the original rocker area and the murcielago body rocker area. I need to fill in this space in order for my interior guy to lay down the carpet. What did/would you guys do? Here's some pics. Thanks.

notnilc20

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 03:49:26 PM »
Just thought i'd add an inspiration pic, albeit a bit dusty from working on the door panels. Anyone notice my 3 rear louvers on the rear hatch? I just wanted to do something a bit different than the oem version. What do you think? On a post note, i'm ready for summer.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 12:49:52 PM »
Very impressive! You have every right to be proud of your beautiful car. It may not be OEM spec but it looks very exotic and most people wouldn't know the difference.

Anyone who knows anything about this stuff will know this was a ton of work. One of the things I like the most about your build is you knew what you could handle and afford and you stuck to that and didn't get distracted. Congratulations!  ::thumbup
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 01:41:25 AM »
Wow !!
That is a great idea!

Heres a beauty shot for those who can't see the video

Now that Jackie is done ,
We need inspire composites to make a splash of your modified body so we can make much better firebird based murci !!

Question : do you still have rear seats ? If not how much can you recline the front seats ? A 4 seater murci that looks this good would be insane ! I know there wouldn't be any headroom in the rear , but one of the things I hate about most 2 seater car is the seats can't recline enough . I think yours may have the room i seek

Hi Tusabes,

I do not have my rear seats. The reason being, i welded in a roll bar and triangulated it along with some more frame structure back there, so there is not enough room. I then made a wall to go behind the front seats to close off the rear.

However, i can recline the seats pretty far it seems as far as two seaters go. Guessing maybe around 115 degrees maybe more if you can sacrifice leg room. I will have to post some pics for you later, as of right now my seats are at the upholsterer. 
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

notnilc20

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 11:31:37 AM »
Wow !!

Question : do you still have rear seats ? If not how much can you recline the front seats ? A 4 seater murci that looks this good would be insane ! I know there wouldn't be any headroom in the rear , but one of the things I hate about most 2 seater car is the seats can't recline enough . I think yours may have the room i seek
Hi Tusabes,

I do not have my rear seats. The reason being, i welded in a roll bar and triangulated it along with some more frame structure back there, so there is not enough room. I then made a wall to go behind the front seats to close off the rear.

However, i can recline the seats pretty far it seems as far as two seaters go. Guessing maybe around 115 degrees maybe more if you can sacrifice leg room. I will have to post some pics for you later, as of right now my seats are at the upholsterer. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 08:52:33 PM by notnilc20 »

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 06:32:42 AM »
Wow !!

Heres a beauty shot for those who can't see the video

Now that Jackie is done ,
We need inspire composites to make a splash of your modified body so we can make much better firebird based murci !!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 06:56:45 AM by Tusabes »

notnilc20

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 12:43:11 AM »
Man...It looks really awesome.  Im so glad to see you finishing up.  Im really impressed with your dedication to all the modifications.  This really shows what a Mercy 4 can really look like.   And the paint job looks really good!   Congrats on a great job brother. 

Mitch.

Mitch glad to hear from you bro. Are you cruisin in your Mercy2 down by the bayou yet?  Hey everyone, this guy helped me out a lot with paint and body questions so i owe him a cold one or two!!!  Hehe. I mentioned you in my video at the end but i got your forum name wrong. I called you MitchMercy. Sorry bout that. Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to help me out because i know you are very busy with your life as well. Also thanks for the compliments on my car.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »
excellent job , Congratulations on becoming a member of the 3% finished Replica Club !!  Wow ,after the mods to the front end ,it look good ,if you had finished the VERY first M4  FOR CKI ,( DEMO ) he would have sold more of these. 
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

MDMurcy2

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »
Man...It looks really awesome.  Im so glad to see you finishing up.  Im really impressed with your dedication to all the modifications.  This really shows what a Mercy 4 can really look like.   And the paint job looks really good!   Congrats on a great job brother. 

Mitch.
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

redline

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »
Just checked out your video's and you did an awesome job on that build! I knew there was a way to make that preggo front end look alot better and you sure rose to the challenge...Very nice all around and thanks for posting your solution to this issue. Maybe others will keep tweaking it but I agree, your's is the best I've seen so far! Congrats and enjoy it!  :santa