Author Topic: IFG Diablo SE30 replica for sale  (Read 13419 times)

FlankerG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: IFG Diablo SE30 replica for sale
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 05:56:44 PM »
Well 225hp is horrible by today's standards considering we have 4 cylinder focuses making above 260hp and most LS motors in the mid 400's. I mean I think it's good for anyone willing to leave it alone until they can find a better setup. I'd personally change if I bought the car.

FlankerG

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 01:22:09 AM »
Someone please buy this car,longitudinal v8...Need I say more! Lol good luck

I'd swap that junk out for something better like a 3800 S/C or BMW V12 with an Audi 5000. That 305 probably makes less than the stock Fiero 2.8

FlankerG

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 01:17:29 AM »
$12k is a good ball park for this car.  this replica is not close to being finished. all of the easy stuff has been completed. the last 10% is the hardest if you want it to look presentable within 2 feet. if your just going for a 20 footer that goes from point A to point B, it might be close.. but as i stated a while back it will take several months and $20k + in labor and parts to finish the car into a great looking drive-able car that one would be proud to drive. trust me as i have built and finished these cars. experience speaks for itself. talk to any experienced builder.

Several months and 20k to finish? What would you plan on doing to the car?

I personally could have this car on the road for $20k even and that would include a complete respray.....interior could be the most expensive part of this car. Unless your stupid enough to drop the motor and do a rebuilt G50 Porsche trans with an LS7/3 with upgraded Z06 brakes and held suspension(which I think this car already has), gator racing axles, then I can see your ballpark figure being true. And if you took it to west coast customs to do the work yeah it's gonna take several months. But it shouldn't cost any experienced builder no more than 7k at the most to complete in its current stage. Its mostly putting the car back together. I could redo most of that interior over a weekend, I wouldn't keep the original Lambo banana seats. I'd get a set of nice racing seats. You could do the center console easily yourself. Replace the binnacle with new Gage's radio ext ext and send it off to uplstery and done in a week. The body work has taken abuse but it's complete you can either send it off to Macco for a simple respray or do the work yourself and prep the car for paint on your own which could take a month or two. Then have someone paint it. For the motor I'd replace it with something simple like a stock 3.4 or 3.8 V6 with the Audi 5000 trans but again it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg and months of hard work.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:19:40 AM by FlankerG »

dthami2

• Davey T
  • Liked: 2
  • Countach, Murcielago, Testarossa, 2 Vendettas
    • Davey T Hamilton
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 09:08:41 PM »
$12k is a good ball park for this car.  this replica is not close to being finished. all of the easy stuff has been completed. the last 10% is the hardest if you want it to look presentable within 2 feet. if your just going for a 20 footer that goes from point A to point B, it might be close.. but as i stated a while back it will take several months and $20k + in labor and parts to finish the car into a great looking drive-able car that one would be proud to drive. trust me as i have built and finished these cars. experience speaks for itself. talk to any experienced builder.
Davey T Hamilton

FlankerG

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 07:41:47 PM »
I hate to say it but this car is worth $12,000 at the most in the current condition it's in. But that's what I'd pay for it I'm sure many will pay more.

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
Ok, if I get desperate I will put you on the list with the several others that want it for cheaper.  To add the car is more than half done, an experienced builder would agree.  If you had to cut and stretch the Fiero, make the framing system for the body, then mold the framing skeleton into the body and mount the body that would take a lot of hours/weeks---"Already Done".  Getting the body ready for paint, well it was done once before, however the base is done which takes alot of hours---"Already Done."  In the motor compartment saying if the motor and trans needed mounted, especially horizontally set as it is, even more hours---"Already Done."  If everything needed wired, which has been already checked and has been labeled by the build company, that would take hours---"Already Done."  IF the doors needed mounted and the window regulators needed fabricated, completed and working, tons more hours but "Already Done."  Plus the other things that are "Already Done."  So as any experienced builder would definitely say those are the things that take up the most of the time on any build--the fabrication, engineering, & fitment!  Once again where you are at in the Country perhaps $50 and hour is cheap, who knows, but some of the best body guys around me charge about that price or less.  Remember this car once was already built, driven on the road and used.  I start the car every week and keep the fluids going.  I will reiterate "I am selling for the simple fact that it is another car to finish and I could use the extra cash to finish my other cars, in addition to be promoted at my work and my kids are involved in everything so time is extremely rare to me"  I am so busy that I am actually considering a person to finish some work on my other projects, that's where the extra cash would come into play.  I am an honest person and when I say I want to sell the car for those reasons that is it, "It is not a matter that I am selling because of what the car needs or how much it needs as you claim."  I would not have drove to N.Carolina twice from Ohio to get this car if it was a total project.  I do have several peoples names & numbers for lower offers that I will consider if I do decided to sell at those prices.  I have known several people that like to flip cars come on as new members then try to degrade another persons car/project to make them feel their car is not worthy, needs work etc......I look at my car and I know the amount of work it needs, so please don't make me seem like I don't know what I'm talking about or like I have no idea on what a car needs.  I have no time to debate my car and/or try to defend it to an unknown person.  Like I said before, myself, and all the other car customizers I know look at cars, come with cash and don't bash unless they are there in person to see and judge the car.  You might be an extremely slow an OCD type of worker.  I am OCD but understand time is money and well as my brother so we are steady, precise, and do the job right the first time in result a nice product finished at the end of the day.  I know the car is an older kit, but it is a well built kit, I seen other newer kits that are not accurate with the rockers going up way to high and so on.  This car slightly varies in the front end curves compared to a real Diablo SE30 car however the rest of the care is very close.    Please don't respond to this reply if it is your opinion on things, that's why there is private messages.  I usually don't respond to these replies, I am simply replying because I feel like this issue needed brought into light and clarified.  Have a nice day and good luck on your future builds.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:14:07 AM by JJS SE30 »

dthami2

• Davey T
    • Davey T Hamilton
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 12:03:14 AM »
Thanks for your response. No doubt the original cost for the parts on this car are much higher than your asking price.  However, you need to take into consideration that this is an extremely old kit and not very desirable for many modern day builders. That is what you are up against here for a listing that is a year old and still available.  Just like the depreciation of a used car this kit in its half built questionable running state doesn't have much value.  I personally believe you would be better off finishing the car and selling it.. Then you might at least break even on your time and $ invested.  Otherwise, you will surely take a HUGE loss on selling it in it's current state. I believe you are avoiding finishing the car because you know it will take alot more work than you are willing to admit.

I get my figures and estimates from experience.  If I spent 2 months working 8 hour days 5 days a week at an extremely low rate of $50/hr that would equal $16,000 in labor.  I know I couldn't even come close to putting a dent into this project even with 320 hours invested.  But for the sake of argument lets use those figures.  Lets say I work for $50/hr and spend another $8,000 on misc parts, paint work, missing interior, up-holstry work, engine work, alignment, etc.  That totals $24,000 for labor and parts and that is where I am getting the 20k-30k.  Any experienced builder would agree or believe it should be more.  If you can finish the car in a month than why not finish it and sell it?  If you would have done that last August when you listed the car it would have been finished by September and easily sold by Thanksgiving 2015.  I contacted this thread as you appeared to be a motivated seller but I'm going to pass on the car as I don't believe it is worth what you think you will get out of it. Looks like many others have a similar opinion as the car has not sold and it has been listed for a year.  Anyways good luck to you with the sell or if you decide to finish the project.  Also, good luck with the Bandit car. I love that car and movie.  If you find yourself more motivated in the future feel free to contact me. I always show up with cash in hand and a trailer for transport.

Best Wishes,
DTH
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:13:18 AM by dthami2 »
Davey T Hamilton

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 10:57:28 PM »
Yes car is still for sale, Had a guy that was supposed to come this weekend but he had issues with work.  I told Flynnstone I would text him next if I had issues with the sale.  Its gonna be a pretty much first come first serve basis as of now.  I respect your opinion on the process with completing cars.  I have been restoring and building cars for 25yrs now and understand many of the issues in time completion.  However I do not see a one month project date out of the reach of a motivated crew, meaning atleast 2 or more guys. Perhaps I'm off a week or two, sometimes things don't always go as planned but determination drives us a long way.  Me and my brother alone did a full resto on a 1970 Boss 302 in six weeks, but every car body/metal work alone is different, we had a great donor.  This car won best of show in a Summit Racing All Mustang Show(Specific Comments on the paint/body work and fitment!!).  I believe finishing up the body should be two to three weeks of full time work, thats giving the fiberglass time to cure, set, and be fine finished.  Remember the body was already done once so there is not the major fresh fiberglass body to deal with but again it will need gone over.  I was going to have someone finish the fiberglass issues, then we would sand to ruff the paint, seal it, shoot it with sprayable polyester, let it sit and cure for a couple weeks, sand it then hit it with a 2k primer, sit again, and sand then paint a week or so later.  Everything in the interior is there but gauges and gauge plate but I know where some are, and a rear center console.  I know where several of these parts are.  I have all the hard to fine parts in boxes ect....  And yes the car would need gone over but all the lights and electrical is working, motor runs great, and car does go down the road.  If you read the article it explains much of what there is, like mentioned before only a hand full of parts are still needed which are parts that are easy to find.  Any other parts are over the counter at your local parts store.  My local interior guy told me to give them 2 weeks max to refinish the interior since I have a set of seats that are already done.  My glass guy looked at it already and he told me he can have the windshield and quarter glass done in one hour.  I guess if you have all the right tools, alot of experience, and have some guys that are reputable while giving professional work things can be done alot sooner that most.  If you never done a car, don't have any tools, and special friends that do interior work it will take someone alot longer that usual.  Last kit car we did(2 guys) was a Factory Five Cobra for a gentleman in under 3 months start to finish.  It is not the time effort/work effort or any frustration being for the fact that i want to sell the car.  As I stated in my Ad I am working on other projects, my personal 1968 Mustang Eleanor that I want to finish and my wifes 1977 Bandit car, plus a chopper project.  So with that being said I could use the extra cash but most important I want to free time up to spend with my family as well.  If the car does not sell or I don't get a price I need out of it I will put it in storage and one day I will finish it.  Not sure where your getting 20 to 30k in parts and labor, thats a wide spread, perhaps your area of the country runs a much higher rate.  We can do "some" restorations for that much and we buy the parts.  I will NOT accept any Offers that a body kit and a donor car would cost alone.  I have had several, I mean several people already request parts from me wanting me to part the car out.  Please don't judge the car by your impression, as any car it has to be looked at it person.  I bought several cars over the states and always go and look at them before I tell the seller exactly what it needs and make improper judgments on labor/parts costs for the vehicle.  Understand we all are different and each see things in many different ways.  I am sure you built wonderful cars and we do as well, we have a superior reputation with our local area and earned many awards.  I would like to take alot of credit however my brother is the total expert with well over 30's experience in paint, body, and collision work.  Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:18:38 PM by JJS SE30 »

dthami2

• Davey T
    • Davey T Hamilton
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 06:35:55 PM »
is this car still available?  i have built and restored many cars... your impression of having this car ready within a month is totally impossible without a high budget and team of workers working on it everyday. i worked every day for 12-15 hours for 4 months just to get the interior, doors lined up, and several little things on a countach that was much farther along than this car.. this car would take 6 -12 months working on it everyday if 1 man were to finish it.. engine,drivetrain,electric,cooling,braking,etc all needs to be gone through. needs to be prepped and painted.. needs interior finished after the lengthy process of tracking down the missing parts.. then glass needs to be installed with proper moldings and trim.. then after that several little things will need to be worked out before it is a drive-able reliable car..im guessing you already know all of this.. that is why you don't finish it yourself and sell it for the $30 to $35k you could get in a complete state. it will take 20-30k in labor and parts to finish this car.. no offense but 9 out of 10 guys that buy these projects have NO IDEA what it takes to finish them.. that is why 9 out of 10 cars that are for sale are NOT FINISHED.  the easy part has been completed on this car and the hard work is ahead.. that is if you want it to look like a nice car and not a hacked up obvious kit car..  sure it looks like a lambo now from 20 feet away.. however, if you want it to be a 1-2 footer it takes alot of time and precision... with all that being said i am interested in the car.. you might not like my offer.. however, i believe it is fair as i have been doing this kit car thing for a very long time.. just let me know if you still have it. my dad lives in dayton, oh.. next time im in ohio i might be willing to make the trip up to look at the car...

best wishes, dth
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:40:29 PM by dthami2 »
Davey T Hamilton

Flynnstone

• Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 07:19:05 AM »
I sent you a message. flynnstone5614@gmail.com
Please reply to the above address. I'm in Michigan. No trades, I have cash, I would just like more details.
Thanks

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 04:16:53 AM »
Does it run and drive ?  Did the vandalism affect anything mechanically ?

tony 57190

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »
Still for sale? I just happened across and it looks like a nice project to get into.

minihawn

• Liked: 84
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 04:30:10 PM »
Someone please buy this car,longitudinal v8...Need I say more! Lol good luck
Fate has no choice

LP640

• MURCI MAFIA
  • Liked: 36
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • LP640
    • Free Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »
looks like a pretty good deal, good luck with the sale
Siteupp.com

jfalbino

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:14:38 PM »
I just hope no one gets to it before I do!!