Author Topic: Lamborghini Diablo replica for sale  (Read 8102 times)

RUNDLC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Lamborghini Diablo replica for sale
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »
Hey that is Noff's car!  I was talking to him a few months ago, You got a heck of a deal on it! Why would you be selling so soon after buying? Have you gone thru her already? what real issues have you found?

I used to have a d&r roadster but let it go about five years ago. Is this the updated one that has the correct windshield slope or the original? Can you measure from the roll bar to the center of the windshield header and let me know what the dimension is?  Could you drive it a few miles to see if the transmission is in working order in all gears?

Thanks RUNDLC

Michael Everson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Lamborghini Diablo replica for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
I am putting my Diablo replica up for sale.  I really don't have the time to invest in it and it had mostly been sitting since I bought it.   Car starts, stops and runs  but I would not consider it road worthy yet.Here are some of the details.
Chassis:
Custom steel tube chassis.  I was told by the original builder that its an exact copy of the real diablo chassis. chassis has been painted black but could use some touch up.
All welds look very nice.

Body:
D and R replica body.  Body has been painted but could use lots of touch up or complete repaint.  All gaps and fits are real good so no real body work would be needed.  Rear spoiler has a couple of cracks and will need to be repaired.  windshield and side glass it included.  Outside mirrors are included but have not been assembled or painted to match.
All hinges are very strong OEM unit of unknown origin.  Front hood, engine cover and rear trunk are all perfectly fitted, hinged and latched.  Doors work very well and stay up on there own.  Window tracks and power door poppers are installed.  The removable roof is in great shape.  All latches are in place and operational.  Real Lamborghini lights in the rear, and Nissan Headlights up front.

Drivetrain.  Engine is a mid 90s Chevrolet Corvette LT1.  Wired using a Painless harness.  Engine runs perfectly.  Mileage unknown.  Transmission is a Audi 5 speed of unknown origin or miles. Shifts fine in 1st and reverse.  Havent tried the other gears yet.  Custom axles out to the rear wheels

Brakes:
  Front and rear brakes are front C5 Corvette brakes. Calipers have been powder coated black and have the Lamborghini script on them.  The rear has a separate small caliper to handle  the parking brake.

Suspension:
Custom welded upper and lower control arms with coil over shocks on all four corners. Fronts have integrated air lift for lifting and lowering the front of the car.  Compressor and tanks are onboard.
I do not know the origin of the spindles, but the hubs accept bolts like the original lambos.

Wheels and tires: 
Wheels are original Lamborghini Merci wheels.  They are not in the best shape.  No curb rash or other damage other than badly peeling chrome.  Wheels should be refinished in my opinion.  Tires have plenty of tread but are pretty old and probably should be replaced.  They are Pirelli P zeros.

Interior: 
The interior has not been installed yet.  Here is a list of what I have
Complete replica fiberglass interior.
Real Diablo seats that need a real good cleaning or re-dye job.  I would just reupholster them.
most if not all real Diablo gauges.
Vintage Air heat and air conditioner installed
Real Diablo HVAC control panel that has bee wire to work with the Vintage unit.
Carbon fiber gauge panel.
Tilt and telescopic steering column.  Looks to be a real Diablo unit based on the key.  Also says made in Italy.
Painless harness to wire the balance of the car.  It is installed, but I would spend some time cleaning it up.

All of the hard work is done on this car with the exception of the interior.  This will be a very nice car once completed.  I really hate to let it go, but just have too many customer cars to build right now.  Looking to get $20,000.00 or best offer  Car is located in Norton, MA.  I welcome anyone who is interested to come take a look.  You can call or text me any time at 508-577-2200 to discuss.  This would be a great winter project. Sold with bill of sale only.  I do not have a title as it is not built on a Fiero.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:50:02 PM by Michael Everson »