Author Topic: Wookie’s Diablo Roadster “rebuild”  (Read 1680 times)

88.5countach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 56
  • Member Rating Points: +11/-0
    • 88.5 Countach's Website (Lamborghini Countach Replica)
Re: Wookie’s Diablo Roadster “rebuild”
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 11:28:09 AM »
Congrads will be watching the build.   ::thumbup

Wookie77

• Liked: 7
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 03:02:19 PM »
That sounds great Sam. Yeah I was hoping there would be, and glad there are local guys working on these projects. I will do my best on this car to represent the real thing with a home made tribute as well as not let down the replica car community. I live out by March AFB but work at Loma Linda Medical Center so San Bernardino is basically in my back yard.

-Gabe

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 02:47:12 PM »
Hey Wookie, Looks like a good start, and that's cool you are local, We will have to pay visits to each other soon since the madness is on the decline, We have many builders out here locally, We use to have monthly meets at each of our houses but it died down sometime ago, but look to pick back up maybe in the summer.

Wookie77

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 01:56:41 PM »
Oh man! Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately I am strapped for a few months on larger purchases. Otherwise I would jump on those.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0

Wookie77

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 06:49:34 PM »
Thanks 01. The body does look pretty decent I think compared to some I’ve seen. My big issues are with the steel components under it. Things need to be reworked a bit. They cut the entire trunk out and the new frame does not look square. Also looks like less than perfect welds for the engine cradle mounts down low. I need to measure everything to see how straight it is.
  I’m posting on here from my iphone. So windows won’t work. Lol. I pulled some of the pics in an effort to play around with them to fix it. I’ll get it worked out and repost them so people don’t have to turn their heads. Right now my newborn is taking a ton of time so it will be a slow process.

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 11:55:38 AM »
I think that you have a good body to work with.  (you can rotate your pictures in Win 7, 8.1, 10 by looking at them in the "preview" mode which has the rotate arrows at the bottom of the screen.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Wookie77

Wookie’s Diablo Roadster “rebuild”
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »
Hey everyone! Well, I bought this the other day. I know I will be hard pressed to find glass so I am going to have to get creative. I know the donor was an ‘85 Fiero GT. It has a four speed and stock suspension with spacers. The way the donor was butchered saddens me a little and I know the body is sitting way too high so I am going to remove the body and see if I can backtrack and clean up the donor and look into sourcing wide suspension or retrofitting some other production parts like Corvette parts and widen the mounting points to get the correct wheel spacing. I have no idea what kit it is. The guy I bought it from said it was pulled from an actual roadster. I don’t exactly think it is the case. The door jamb almost looks like NAERC, so maybe it was pulled from another kit. Any info would be helpful since I could start chasing down other builds of the same make. And sorry, I just noticed many of the pics loaded sideways. I will make sure to remedy that in future posts.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 09:13:15 PM by Wookie77 »