Author Topic: CHRYSLER SEBRING Steering Column  (Read 2009 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CHRYSLER SEBRING Steering Column
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:21 AM »
Are you asking about the ignition switch relay in the wiring diagram, or the lower image on the the first picture/drawing?
The lower image is just a breakdown of how the Fiero turn signal arm works, the mechanics and contacts inside of it. On different years of Fiero's, the wire colors changed. I drew this out to show the position of the colored wire on the contact points of the actual switch. That way, if the color changed, you could still determine the correct wire by its position on the switch.
I hope this helps  ::wave

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
CHRYSLER SEBRING Steering Column
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 01:31:25 PM »
Going to move the info. to this forum  ::thumbup 8) ::salute Thank Murcie-me for original post of this info. credit go to him

this section under hi beam please
It looks like the Fiero wires are all connected to the white and purple wire on the diagram and what are the two triangle shaped lines indicated for?

Main issues
Blinkers

Since it is blinking slow, you may try an electronic blinker module. This should solve the slow flashing rate. There are also ones available that you can change the blink rate as well.

the purple wire is 12v hot.

you should be able to buy a flasher control unit and adjust the flasher speed. they are used on sport bikes and import cars when you switch to led signal lights.

I think the last diagram on the page holds the key to all my headaches ??? When I figure that one out I will be on the right track. The ignition works, headlights( both high & Low beam) work but only when the OEM Fiero switch is turned on. When the OEM Fiero light switch is in the on position, I can turn both beams on or off using the Sebring column switch but I cant get any action from the turn signals.

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/technical-discussion-question/11710-chrysler-sebring-column-6.html
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:47:34 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.