Author Topic: Seats too high  (Read 1669 times)

MrE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: Seats too high
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 01:49:36 AM »
Thanks!!

JJS SE30

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 19
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:07:14 AM »
I purchased a set of racing seats called VR-1's that were made from a company called arizenracingsports.  They are low profile but you do not lose any comfortability with them.  I had Pontiac Soltice seats mocked up but when i installed these VR-1 seats they dropped between 3 to 4 inches from the previous height.  He had them on close-out but I know an automotive upholstery shop that bought alot of them.  The seats kinda of look like Diablo seats. Anyway I got mine from "Jerry" at Auto Custom Leather PH(800)574-2390.  He gave me a deal on mine, hope that helps if your looking at new seats.

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:48:35 PM »
MrE,
   I am not sure whether this is as critical on a Fiero chassis, but typical seats for a Countach are usually too wide and too tall as well as too high. The Procar Sportsman Pro seats are a good solution that I have found. They look correct, are plenty low, and are available from Jegs or Summit for under $200. I get them at OEM pricing but you are better off with them and free shipping. Another $100 will get rid of that cheesy velour insert. The carbon fiber material around it looks really nice. Most aftermarket seats are 22"-23" wide and these are 21", and most of them are 36"-37" tall which hits the roof and these are 34" tall. That does'nt sound like much difference, but I have found it to be a big deal. They come with adjustable tracks included but you can get another 1-1/4" of headroom by bolting them directly to the floor.   

MrE

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 09:04:38 PM »
Thanks! It is a stretched fiero frame. I'll look into dropping the seat pan a couple inches.  Thanks!  MrE

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 05:01:23 PM »
drop the floor pan area where the seats are 2-3" ,it would help to know if this is a fiero or tube chassis ,several seat tracks are very low profile,corvette, fiero, camaro,mr2 ,nsx....etc.
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

MrE

Seats too high
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
Hi all. Almost done with the wrap and interior install on the 85 Countach
I bought in Oct. The problem is that the camaro seats are 2-3 inches to high- I'm only 5'8" and my head hits the roof! How can I gain 2 inches+
But keep the slide mechanism? Any other COMFORTABLE adjustable seats that won't break the bank I could use?  Thanx!  MrE