Author Topic: WANTED: Tubular Chassis stretched equivilant approx 106" wheelbase  (Read 1635 times)

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: WANTED: Tubular Chassis stretched equivilant approx 106" wheelbase
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »
send info

Bullheaded,
If you PM me your email I can send you pics of my Diablo tube chassis I would sell. It is built from Tubular Dynamics plans which is what American Supercar Concepts built their chassis off. I have NAERC plans as well for fabricating the suspension pieces. The Diablo wheelbase  is slightly over 104" so you could easily adjust it to 106".
The cockpit area is actually a couple of inches longer in this chassis vs. the NAERC so the front control arm design is different then NAERC to keep the wheels in the same location. From the firewall back this design is effectively the same as NAERC so the rear suspension plans I have will work as is. If your body style allowed locating the front control arms ahead 2" ( giving you 106") and leaving the rear arms mounted in stock Diablo location there would be room to use the NAERC design front control arms as is.
Of course you may have to adjust arm length depending on your body width and desired wheels but that is to be expected .

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 08:48:56 PM »
I may also know of a guy that may have a fiero stretch

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 05:29:43 PM »
Bullheaded, I much prefer to talk instead of type as well.

Charley Strickland
Strickland Racing Inc.
940-781-5455

mercimesucks

• Trade Count: (-6)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 03:52:19 PM »
Hi thank you guys. My email is ravensandrainbows@aol.com
I’m using my phone presently but when I get home I need to see how to respond to you each personally on this site. Take care!!

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Bullheaded, one of my aluminum composite monocoque chassis built to 106" is $8,000, or $10,000 with the four corners hung. Last month the chassis was $7,000 before the perceived trade embargo pushed the price of aluminum up well over 50%, almost 100%.

99svmonterey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 01:38:54 PM »
Bullheaded,
If you PM me your email I can send you pics of my Diablo tube chassis I would sell. It is built from Tubular Dynamics plans which is what American Supercar Concepts built their chassis off. I have NAERC plans as well for fabricating the suspension pieces. The Diablo wheelbase  is slightly over 104" so you could easily adjust it to 106".
The cockpit area is actually a couple of inches longer in this chassis vs. the NAERC so the front control arm design is different then NAERC to keep the wheels in the same location. From the firewall back this design is effectively the same as NAERC so the rear suspension plans I have will work as is. If your body style allowed locating the front control arms ahead 2" ( giving you 106") and leaving the rear arms mounted in stock Diablo location there would be room to use the NAERC design front control arms as is.
Of course you may have to adjust arm length depending on your body width and desired wheels but that is to be expected .

mercimesucks

• Trade Count: (-6)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
WANTED: Tubular Chassis stretched equivilant approx 106" wheelbase
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »
Hi guys, I am looking for a tubular chassis for a project, I do not need any body parts. I need a 106 inch wheel base approximately.
A 1988 Fiero stretch is also ok.
Thanks and take care to all.