Author Topic: Molds For Sale  (Read 2910 times)

diablodoc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 28
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
Re: Molds For Sale
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
76 is correct.  There doesn't seem to be any market for Diablo kits anymore.  It's a real shame.  Don't get me wrong, the later models are great looking cars, but there is just something about the Diablo that sets it apart.  For most people who aren't Lamborghini geeks, they can't tell a Lambo from a Pagani or Ferrari, but Diablos are never mistaken for something else.  They are instantly recognizable as pure Lamborghini.  Just my opinion.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »
ahhhh yes, I remember them

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »
AB, Patriot built some very decent chassis many years ago but all of their fixturing for them has been covered with weeds and mud for at least six years now. Those are Kelly's molds, and I second what Autopro said about Kelly, he is a great guy and I too have spent the night at his house. And speaking of spending the night, AB, when are you coming back by now that you are in OKC? I tried to buy those molds twice when Kelly had them, then once when the current guy had them, and now I have two calls in to the new guy, so I am calling the fourth and final effort a done deal. There was a third party that wanted them and I was making the effort on their behalf, even though I had told them that the Lambo replica market falls into two catagories, the Countach and the Latest and Greatest. There is not a market for a single Diablo body, ask Bob at B&B Customs how many of his very nice Diablo bodies he has sold in the last few years. For that matter, I already have a set of Diablo 6.0 molds and do not even remember an inquiry from the last few years.     

99svmonterey

• Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 05:28:59 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys.
Adrian, PMW is Patriot Metal Worx out of Oklahoma City. As diablodoc mentioned below they bought out ASCC . I think there was an old post on Kitcentral when this took place years back stating they were taking over from ASCC. On their gallery page there are some chassis pics which are the same pics as on American Supercar Concepts gallery page under frames.

If you Google American Supercar Concepts and click on the SV Jota Kit or Roadster link you will see the body photos are the same ones from the Craigslist ad so maybe Kelly bought their molds.  It was an impressive looking shop for sure. Looks like Diablo replica heaven! A shame no one is producing them now.

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
PWM????
Who is that?

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 09:36:47 AM »
Kelly is a great guy to deal with, I have been to his house and have seen these molds and the cars that come from them.  They  are top notch.
Pedro

diablodoc

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 08:47:42 AM »
Kelly was never (to my knowledge) associated with American Supercar Concepts or Patriot Metal Worx.  ASC operated out of Ponca City, OK and sold out to PMW who still operates out of Oklahoma City.  I don't think PMW actively promotes their chassis anymore but does still have some available, if I'm not mistaken.  As far as Kelly's molds are concerned, I'm not certain where they came from.  I know he had a close affiliation with NAERC and spent a number of weeks with them learning the process of producing fiberglass parts.  I believe he also spent some time with IFG and D&R.  If anyone is seriously interested in these molds I can find out anything they need to know.

99svmonterey

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »
Diablodoc,

Was Kelly affiliated with American Supercar Concepts? The SV pics on the ad are from their site which is still up but not updated in ages.
Patriot Metal Worx has some chassis and body pics on their gallery page as well. There was some connection between them and ASCC I think.
http://www.americansupercarconcepts.com/kitj.php
http://www.patriotmetalworx.com/gallery

I remember some of the quality Diablo builds from Italian Designs back in the day.
I wonder if they may be CRP splashes if original parts will fit? The price is good for quality molds. Readily available glass could be a problem however since AGP is no longer producing. It would be great to see someone keep the hobby going with these as you said.

srd1

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:54 PM »
I agree i thought 8000 was a really good deal, wish i had the money id snatch em up in a heartbeat

diablodoc

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »
Those molds are owned by Kelly Hays who used to sell replicas and parts under the name Italian Designs.  I believe his forum name was hyper454. He is a really good guy and has been a ton of help to me in the past.  I knew he was no longer interested in replicas but I sure hate to see him go.  He has a ton of molds and $8000 is a good price for someone who is interested in keeping this hobby going.

srd1

Molds For Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 03:18:44 PM »
Saw this thought someone might be interested in them

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/pts/d/lamborghini-diablo-complete/6635574776.html