Author Topic: Red Diablo on Ebay for $98k- I’m humbliy begging for your advice,  (Read 4824 times)

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Red Diablo on Ebay for $98k- I’m humbliy begging for your advice,
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 09:38:55 PM »
I've personally seen and been given a ride in the red one in Miami that the guy wants $98,000 for. He originally wanted $115,000 for it when I looked at it. It's a beautiful car,  but I totally agree, way overpriced even at $98,000.
I have a nice coupe for sale right now myself, but I desperately want a roadster.

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
98K lol....
So I am not sure where the market is going with replica cars. I have an awesome IFG factory build/finished car (and this car was IFG's show car that won many many awards and inspired soo many of us to build a Diablo replica) that is amazing replica but haven't been able to sell it. Someone bought it for $40K on ebay last time and now having problems getting the finance in place.
But BUT but  here is a kicker... someone who prefers a Roadster offered me $25K for my car with all the extra parts including a full set of glass and all the OEM parts that I have collected over the years that exceed over $25K alone (Ya I know crazy RIGHT!!!) I think his interest was Roadster too but wanted to "help me by taking my car off of my hand" ..LOL...
Anyway IF I can't even move my car for $40k which I feel is far far better replica then the Roadster is then why would anyone want to pay $98k for the red one. again just my humble opinion...
For every completed replica there are literally 1000's of tire kickers wanna bees out there... so true buyers and sellers be aware.

Ccemn1

• Liked: 22
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2019, 03:28:48 PM »

Just to let everyone know Ron did not build this car.  The car was sitting for over 5 years and he got it running again and did some finishing touches.  The car was already painted with most of the interior already done when he got a hold of it.
Would you know if Charlie Strickland has any Diablo Roadsters for sale?

VF1Skullangel

• Liked: 9
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2018, 10:44:42 AM »
It’s laughable anyone would price a replica well over 70k even Dales Diablo which is FAR better than this one didn’t cost as much. Let it sit on the market , nobody is going to spend that kind of money for an IFG body Diablo even with an LS motor. Eventually the seller will figure it out that there’s cheaper and better options than what he’s selling for the money and will drop it. I honestly wouldn’t pay no more than $35,000 for it. And that’s really pushing it that he fixes the known issues like the AC not working and the lack of an engine cover.

casper

• Liked: 8
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2018, 01:43:08 AM »
Check if this one is still for sale, it was a couple of months ago.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a22474136/2001-lamborghini-diablo-replica-for-sale/

It's almost perfect, and much cheaper than the red one.

Payton34

• Liked: 0
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 11:18:07 PM »

The car is worth more than $28k, but that one is out of contention. I’ve learned a lot recently. I was told by quite a few people that my height may take me completely out of contention for a Diablo. I hope that isn’t the case, b/c I’m serious about buying one so the search continues. I really want one that is finished & very very good. I know that I’ll consistently have things that need attention, but I want to buy the best one possible. It’s. Amazing how little these cars are driven. I don’t know if it’s a combination of fear (for something happening to it), uncomfrtability or something else. Please direct me to any diablos that meet this criteria. I’ve check out each one that’s available (a few of them I got PM’s from people other than the seller telling me the scoop so thanks for that). I have a great deal of respect for you guys that have exerted so much effort to make these come to life.

The red car is over priced by atleast 70k if not more. The body is a very early body. Those bodies were hand made not molded of a car. So they are waaay off. Just look at the front, the headlights are way to far inwards towards the middle of the car. Look at how the hood becomes narrower in the front. On a real Diablo the hood is almost square, or atleast only a little narrower in front. The current owner might have a lot of money in the car. But if you are buying a replica you actually want it to look like a real Diablo.

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 07:13:11 PM »

I’m starting to realize after a bunch of conversations & feedback here that it’s going to be extremely difficult to find a diablo that I fit in. 6’3”. That is one of the supposed benefits on the $98k car,  it that deal just isn’t going to happen. Charley Strickland is building an amazing looking car called the Chubacabra that is very intriguing. I may have to wait for that unless one of the cars being offered will actually fit me. I was told that it’s impossible for any of the cars to fit someone of my size, but then I’ve heard otherwise. If you send me information on your car: please let me know where you are located, your height & if you think I could drive the car comfortably. I’m ready to pull the trigger on the right car. Thanks again.

Just to let everyone know Ron did not build this car.  The car was sitting for over 5 years and he got it running again and did some finishing touches.  The car was already painted with most of the interior already done when he got a hold of it.

Charlie, can chime in, but I dont think that you would have a problem fitting in his car.  I am 6' 1" 270 and I had room to spare

casper

• Liked: 8
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »
The red car is over priced by atleast 70k if not more. The body is a very early body. Those bodies were hand made not molded of a car. So they are waaay off. Just look at the front, the headlights are way to far inwards towards the middle of the car. Look at how the hood becomes narrower in the front. On a real Diablo the hood is almost square, or atleast only a little narrower in front. The current owner might have a lot of money in the car. But if you are buying a replica you actually want it to look like a real Diablo.

Payton34

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 02:30:11 PM »
There is a zero % chance that I’m buying the $98k car. I am trying to find the most solidly built car that I fit in. My height seems to take a bunch of cars out of contention but it sounds like there are some that would work. I’m currently just looking into the cars that are for sale & narrowing the list. Thanks

I am 6 foot and my son is 6.4 and we both fit fine in my Diablo (Well my son does have to bend a bit but not uncomfortable)
Looks like you want to buy the Red $98,000 car. Just do it and be happy. It's all about what you want, if you have the money then just buy it.
Just my humble opinion.... I would never spend that kind of money to buy a replica because no matter what the seller says you will still wind up putting a ton of money to make it how you want it. I have had 6 replicas through the years and its always the same. no matter what the seller says once you get it you will find you need to update this or update that.... If it was me with that kind of discretionary money, I would buy a decent Gallardo and still have some cash left over, I would also have an option for Murci with just a bit more cash and little time hunting,  If you keep an eye out with that kind of discretionary cash you have many options.... CRAPLICA wouldn't even be an option on my list... Than again that's just me...
Anyway Good luck

CCIE

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 02:17:17 PM »
I dont know if youve ever seen any of Charley Stricklands work but if you have your decision as to where and what to buy should already be made ::beers hands down some of the best work out there.

Just to point out few facts.....Charley's New Chopacandra is a custom built car and not a replica.Its one beautiful car.... It would defenetelly be on my list right next to a Murci

CCIE

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
I am 6 foot and my son is 6.4 and we both fit fine in my Diablo (Well my son does have to bend a bit but not uncomfortable)
Looks like you want to buy the Red $98,000 car. Just do it and be happy. It's all about what you want, if you have the money then just buy it.
Just my humble opinion.... I would never spend that kind of money to buy a replica because no matter what the seller says you will still wind up putting a ton of money to make it how you want it. I have had 6 replicas through the years and its always the same. no matter what the seller says once you get it you will find you need to update this or update that.... If it was me with that kind of discretionary money, I would buy a decent Gallardo and still have some cash left over, I would also have an option for Murci with just a bit more cash and little time hunting,  If you keep an eye out with that kind of discretionary cash you have many options.... CRAPLICA wouldn't even be an option on my list... Than again that's just me...
Anyway Good luck

srd1

• Liked: 9
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »
I dont know if youve ever seen any of Charley Stricklands work but if you have.. your decision as to where and what to buy should already be made ::beers hands down some of the best work out there.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:19:52 PM by srd1 »

Payton34

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »

I’m starting to realize after a bunch of conversations & feedback here that it’s going to be extremely difficult to find a diablo that I fit in. 6’3”. That is one of the supposed benefits on the $98k car,  it that deal just isn’t going to happen. Charley Strickland is building an amazing looking car called the Chubacabra that is very intriguing. I may have to wait for that unless one of the cars being offered will actually fit me. I was told that it’s impossible for any of the cars to fit someone of my size, but then I’ve heard otherwise. If you send me information on your car: please let me know where you are located, your height & if you think I could drive the car comfortably. I’m ready to pull the trigger on the right car. Thanks again.

Flyer70

• Liked: 3
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 11:39:41 AM »

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 02:00:40 AM »
I know Ron very well and lived 3 blocks from him, his cars are hands down second to none for quality, I have seen several of his cars and words fall short, I can say that.
From the interiors which are incredibly accurate to the body and engine compartment, if you can get your hands on one of his builds for what I would consider a deep discount if he is saying $40k less than the eBay special... that lightning won’t strike twice anytime soon as he usually only builds one car a year if he is even still on that production schedule

There are a few people on here that also know Ron and his work, his work is flawless.