Author Topic: Red Diablo on Ebay for $98k- I’m humbliy begging for your advice,  (Read 4823 times)

Payton34

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Red Diablo on Ebay for $98k- I’m humbliy begging for your advice,
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 01:33:57 AM »
I am looking for advice. Could you please provide your thoughts on the Red Diablo Roadster on eBay for $98,000? I’ve never seen a replica listed for that price & while I’m not willing to pay that I do think it looks incredibly good. I spoke to the owner & found out the following information...

1) The A/C doesn’t work...not sure about the heat. He claims that the A/c just needs to be filled with refrigerant, but it’s not working.
2) it’s a 4 speed & for $98k the thing should be as perfect to real as a replica can get.
3) the engine cover is glass & displays the LS1 with a Badge that says “LS1” right in it (which I personallly hate)
4) the wheels don’t have center caps (he claims to be looking for the last one).
5) even though the car looks awesome in the photos he says the paint is “good.” Far from perfect
6) can something be done about the crappy GM A/C / heater controls?
7) he says that the car has never been driven on the highway so he doesn’t know how it will ride.
8) it’s registered in Florida as a “made from parts car.” CPU,d this be successfully registered in Texas? I’ve searched like crazy & get conflicting information. Some data say it must be made by a real car manufacturer (or with a manufacturer certificate like factory five; some say if it’s registered in Florida it should be ok to register in Texas.
9) he claims that it’s insured by State Farm but has no idea what they would do if there was an accident. Apparently it’s not an agreed value policy. What could it be? Or more Importantly what options does a potential buyer have to insure it?

The car looks amazing in the photos to me. I think the price is nuts but am looking for some more experienced replica guys (you) to provide me with your option of the car/ value, etc. I have researched as much as possible but I’ve come to the conclusion that I really need expert advice (you advice).

Thanks very much. Sincerely.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 01:41:41 AM by Payton34 »