Author Topic: fuel cell  (Read 4267 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: fuel cell
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 09:06:02 AM »
Don't it make your brown eyes blue?  Maybe R&D should opt for more protection for their fuel tanks instead of a 4th cup of coffee.  Jim

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »
I also chose the RCI fuel tank.  15 gal. 15w x 36l x 9h.  This fuel cell has (1) fuel supply fitting, (1) fuel return fitting, (1) tank vent fitting, and the fuel filler.  It also came with my choice of fuel gauge tank unit.  I really didn't put much thought into the location until push came to shove.  I mounted it between the Cadillac engine and the firewall.  Due to my tube chassis in the rear, I had to relocate the filler and the fuel return fitting.  I am finding that there is a lot of re-engineering that goes into these builds. ::thumbup
Jim
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:29:20 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

DUBUC SLC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 27
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:11 AM »
This is mine with a notch for cables and wires

tonypaul

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
fuel cell
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »
This is another one of those "didnt know where to put questions"-
Has anyone install a fuel cell like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-Gallon-RCI-Fuel-Cell-Gas-Tank-Aluminum-Heavy-Duty-Street-Racing-NEW-RCI-2171A-/300872475123?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460d65a1f3&vxp=mtr

With the Fiero streched for most replica bodies there is space behind the cabin inside the engine area when running a transverse engine and transmission. With my new LS4 swap going in Im wanting larger fuel capacity for longer road trips. I made a cardboard mockup the size of the fuel cell in the ebay link and it appears that fuel cell will work perfect with the exception of the shift cable. I should be able to figure out something to get it to fit. I have someone offering me $200 for my factory '88 Fiero gas tank, so Im considering swapping to this style of fuel cell.

Just wondering if anyone has done this?