Author Topic: naerc diablo suspension question  (Read 2540 times)

jdinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
    • KwikerCars
Re: naerc diablo suspension question
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »
If you have not made the control arms yet and you have the body and you have the wheels you are in the perfect spot to make your car look correct.
Put your body on the chassis and center it as best you can - fender lips equally spaced on both sides to the frame.
Put your wheels under the body and place them exactly how you want them to look.
Measure from wheel mount surface to wheel mount surface (the flat part, inboard center of wheel).
Give me that measurement and I will tell you how long to make your control arms.
The naerc plans are for the naerc body and naerc wheels.

Bodies are not created the same widths and wheels come with different offsets. This method will make it look right every time.

No suspension in this photo

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 05:39:42 PM »
The chassis rear would need some modification to fit the Corvette suspention.  There is a diary on kitcentral I think the 2nd page TIM Throman

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
Your question is posted in the "Build Diaries" section.  You might get more answers in the "Suspension" group.  Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

fastbusa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
naerc diablo suspension question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
I have a question that maybe someone can answer..I purchased a diablo chassis that is built from naerc plans..I also have the plans and i was wondering do i have to use the suspension from the plans or can i buy a aftermarket suspension such as c5 control arms...I have the plans to build them but had rather buy them...the chassis is complete except for suspension...I also have the body and alot of parts to go with it and have been working hard on it..Im new to this site and building of these style cars any help or advice would be g ::rockerreatly apr...thanks for looking