Author Topic: Murci Body on Ebay  (Read 2446 times)

CCIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
Re: Murci Body on Ebay
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 02:55:32 AM »
Pssssstttttt.......

They are (Joe's) IE's bodies that have been redone by a local boat builder. He is from Lansing MI, A really nice person except He kept my OEM Murci mirrors for over a year and I finally got them back after threatening to sue him. His first kit was from CKI and he hated it he then bought 2 rolling bodies from Joe and had to wait for several months but he did finally received them. He has several folks working for him. He has finished building 2 Murcies, Again he is a super super nice person and delvers what he promises. I don't vouch for any one and even with my challenges with him I will vouch for him. His upholsterer does an awesome job (though he is way way too expansive) but his work is fantastic. Personal opinion his interior needs some improvements since he is using off brand/ other car's stuff for switches ect  that screams replica but over all I have seen his builds progress and they are really really nice. I had intend to work on a Reventon rolling chaise (Did I just say that... no cats not out of the bag) with him but we had our difficulties and have parted. Either case I would highly recommend to give him a try if you are shopping around. 

CCIE
PS our personal differences are just that "Personal" and I want to have a full discloser dialogue on this forum. Definitely worth checking him out if you are shopping around.

Murci-Me

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 12:25:33 AM »
On the roadster the rockers come attached. Dont be fooled by the pics, all the G series kits doors dont fit, whether its Tri-G, CKI, or IE/Rob.
Joe was the only person who thought it would be closer to OEM to extend the wheelwell lip lines all the way down to the spoiler in the front, and all the way to the bottom in the rear.

powerslave

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
I'm not sure that's one of rob's bodies, because I have rob's body, and regretfully, I think this one looks better than mine.  The headlights are molded in, the rockers are molded in, the front air dam looks a lot straighter and more accurate, and even the doors seem to fit better even though they're just hanging there.  Robs bodies may not be the most accurate, but he is the cheapest and he actually delivers.  Sometimes though I wish I would've spent a little more for a little bit better quality kit because I'm really spending a lot of time trying to get everything to fit, lol.

Murci-Me

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:02:10 PM »
Yes, all the trademark additions/flaws are visable in the pics, definately an IE/Rob body.
I like how the guy says in the description this is the most accurate bodykit out there, and it was moulded from an actual Murcielago. He has either never seen an actual Murcielago, or this is what he has been told from whoever he bought it from (Hmmmmm).
Does he not know about Extreme or A.D. bodies, or even the CKI (which is more accurate than the IE/Rob)?

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Murci Body on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:44:13 PM »