Author Topic: Heater control unit & dash pod  (Read 1576 times)

Riceburner98

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Heater control unit & dash pod
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 09:59:27 PM »
I'm not on the forums much these days, but just saw this while surfing trying to fall asleep...  :)  I do still make replica Diablo / Murci controllers, and have done a couple for MR2 heaters. Sadly I don't have any units done, but I'm taking some time off work to catch up soon.  If you want to / are making your own, shoot me an email and I can send a CAD file of the controller faceplate.  I've also sold people just the rubber buttons and LCD screen with fake graphics for those who want the look without buying the whole thing..  Anything to help!  Being in the UK there's always the Rover unit which is very close (same housing & screen) but lights up orange and has slightly different buttons.

Edit - my email is my user name here @gmail.com..  :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:01:13 PM by Riceburner98 »

drew355

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:05:41 PM »
Hi, im in the UK. I quite like the murci interior, the MR2 interior is a big giveaway.

I have the car stretched, new steel frame on, panels all positioned, bonnet, engine cover and doors hung with window mech fitted (need outer skins bonding on), batwings hinged and actuators fitted, spoiler hinged but no actuator yet, interior stripped out, seatbelts moved to centre, filler neck fabricated, headlights partially built, lowered coilovers with new bottom arms fitted, all glass trial fitted.
Coming along nicely, but need to get some parts so I can get the direction for the interior and other areas sorted.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
Hello. Are you in the states? How far is your build?

::wave the MR2 interior is gorgeous, the murci is ugly. why replicate ugly?

drew355

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Heater control unit & dash pod
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 11:50:34 AM »
Hi, does anyone have a template for the heater control unit? I know there was a guy making these for the fiero, but im trying to make a version that can work with the MR2 controls.
I read Murci-me was making buttons, did he get the design for his from an original or is there something out there I could possibly use?
Also could someone point me in the right direction for a dash pod and sharkmouth and anyone else supplying interior parts, all need to be moulded from OEM parts though.
Thanks